Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Shopping With Friends

Seeing that my plans to have granddaughters this week has been thwarted by the big bad storm in Denver, I put out a post to let friends know I am eager to get together and make the week pass faster.  Jennifer and Jennifer answered with a meet-up in the warehouse district if I could take the train.  Yes, ladies, I absolutely can.  I am picked up at home and soon on my way to Harry Hines and all of it's wonder.  Our first stop is at a bead shop where Jennifer M. is looking for supplies to make necklaces for the baseball moms.  I an on the hunt for our November retreat charms and we are happily able to find everything we both desire.

Now --- onto the fabric.  We stop at Perth Street for some wholesale therapy.  C&C provides some beautiful treasures for all of us and then we are onto the Fabric Wherehouse where more goodies manage to jump into my bag.  Ah, it's a good thing I have a mystery coming up --- this fabric fast is hard to do and I was allowed this purchase from the very beginning.




Our tummies are now grumbling and these lovely gals know just where to go.  It's a delightful little place called Dave's Deli and we are lucky enough to just sit and enjoy wonderful conversation and food together.

Now what?  We hit a few thrift shops in Iriving but are unable to find any treasures that must go home with us.  Leaving Irving seems like the best plan and we are off to Carrollton and the antique shop on the square where I find this nice little sweetheart that has just been polished so I can't move the lid for a picture.  The price is steep but I do love the cabinet and bench.


She comes with all kinds of goodies as well but after texting Mister, I let her pass.  Maybe the price will work it's way down with time.

In one of the booths, we spot this cute little "ship" vintage quilt.  I love it.  It's definitely one for the idea book.

Okay, we confess --- it is not possible to go to Carrollton square and avoid the quilt shop.  I am still on the hunt for a few mystery fabrics in addition to fabric for my two granddaughters -- Ophelia's 2nd birthday and "unnamed" child's arrival.  Gotta still shop some more.  Oh, and sales -- sales must be taken advantage of.

They have a wonderful wool display in the shop this time.  Oh I do love the richness of all that wool.  Yes, it's my newest passion but I refrain from picking up one of those delightful bundles you see in the upper left of the picture.  I must go home and make a list of the colors I need for my "woolies".

Mister calls and he is ready for me to be dropped of as we are going to spend the evening with his mom.  The girls deposit me at his office building and we say our farewells.  My treasures (and some of Jen's) and I depart with Mister.  Thanks, my friends, for including me in your day out.  I had such a great time.  The picture shows my goodies for the day except the black mesh that I also purchased for retreat.  Nice haul and some fun coming my sewing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment