Saturday, August 6, 2022

The Merc on the Hill Spotlight - Liberal, MO

 While in Missouri this month, my darling daughter created a quilt shop stop list for our drive home.  When she started down this dirt road, I had NO idea what was about to happen.  In fact, even though there is a sign in this first picture, I didn't see it - just the dirt road through the soy bean fields.


Further on - more of the same.


We notice this beautiful home up on a hill and start talking about it before we really realize it is our destination.  When Jen turns in, we are shocked and DELIGHTED.  What a view.  The Merc on the Hill is owned by Brandi Wolf and at the end of this post, I'll help you with a link.  Now, let's check it out.


Seriously - 


Let's try again without the road - 



Okay - in we go and the moment we do, we have to stop and just stare.  It's just so lovely.  Out here in the middle of farmland.  Crazy, but oh so cool.  Come along and share in the fun.








There is a classroom in the back AND a sale rack too.


THIS display just sings to me and has me coming over for a closer look.


I LOVE finding new fabrics and this bundle of joy is Tilda Chic Escape.  Ahhhh.  It's going home with me.


I want y'all to know that I got lucky with the pictures above and found the rooms during the precise times they were empty.  This place - is hopping the whole time we are here.  (No one in this picture was part of our group but, Nico Linsteadt, on the far right, was a delight to work with and helped us with so much.


In the back room, I spot a bag that belongs to Susan Rodriguez (pictured above talking to Nico) and Jen tells me that perhaps I've finally found my "Nantucket" project.  I love the line of fabric, but haven't really wanted another quilt.  This is what I'm going to do.  It's called the Rail Fence Tote.  Off to the Nantucket display I go.  By the time I'm done --- I'm set.  Woohoo.


Now, back in the classroom, there are also quilts and one of the displays is of an upcoming (starting this month) Skillbuilder BOM.  The colorway I really want is sold out, but I do manage to sign up for another one and I'm super thankful I did it when I did because all of the colorways are now sold out.  THIS is a fantastic idea and I hope they go with it again as there are so many just coming into our wonderful hobby.


With that, we have taken up Nico's time long enough and have laughed ourselves silly and added more to our burgeoning vehicle.  THAT is not a joke.  A quick pic before we leave and we have the BEST memories of here.  I promise that we will be back and will definitely order online. (keep reading)


Now, I hope I've done my job and at least have you wanting a bit more of this delightful place.  Well --- here ya go.  Here is the Merc On The Hill LINK to their website.  Please take some time and read all about Brandi and her vision.  One little tidbit more - there is talk of a retreat.  Nothing set in stone, but talk.  We're listening.  Thank you to Brandi, Nico, and Susan -- we had the most fun and since this stop couldn't be beat - we went home.  Hugs to all, Deb. (update at bottom)


Just as I was getting ready to post --- this arrived.  I'm off and running on the skillbuilder.  Yep, I went with blue.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me I am not dreaming. A beautiful quilt store up on a hill surrounded by a soy bean farm, with wonderful view and full of quilting goodies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete