Friday, August 5, 2022

Mother/Daughter Road Trip to MSQC - Day 5 - Drunkards Path and SEW Classes, 1 Mini-Class, and Group Trunk Show

 Good Morning from Hamilton, Missouri - the home of Missouri Star Quilt Company.  We are having a BLAST and loving every minute of being here.  Everyone is up and fed and ready for the next class to start.  We are making the Half Moon Rising Table Runner.  Circles SCARE me so this will be interesting.



A "good morning" pic to my sweetheart --- moments with my daughter are just so treasured.


Before the class begins, we are treated to a mini trunk show that allows us to see just what other goodies we can make with the supplies (read that RULERS) we just received with our kit.

Easy Clamshell - 


Summer Sky - 


Sidewinder - 


Primrose Path - 


Flower Power - 


I didn't take any pictures while teaching today but we are off and running.  Here is what awaited us on our tables:  (not the scissors or mat - those are mine)


While we are working one of the ladies shows her version of the Book Review pattern.  Isn't this marvelous.  Now I want to get back to work on my Harry Potter one.


AND - across the room I spot a lady showing this bee top.  OH wow. It is called Bzzzzzz.  Aptly named.  



Also, Misty shows up wearing jeans that she has adorned with the patches from yesterday.  How cute is this?


I REALLY need to sit down and work.  I have finished up one step of my snail blocks and have them pressed and ready to move on.  That means my machine is available for the new project.  Time just keeps moving.


But wait ---- another couple of fat quarters are laid on our tables.  What's up now?


Another little mini-class on free cut curves.


This is what they created while talking and the two fat quarters they gave us are to play with.  Will I get to it?  I don't know, but I WILL try it another time as I think it would be sooooo fun in a border.


FINALLY --- working on the new project.


I make some progress, then it's lunch, and then another class and more goodies on our tables.  This time it is for the Sewing Room Love banners.


The supplies are are from the Lady Bird line and super cute.


I know I won't get to this one while here.  I WILL do it at home though.  Hold me to that.


A quick trip into town --- I know, I know.  SEWING should be happening, but there are things to buy and each day after classes, we have a list.  While in one of the shops, I spot these.  How cute.


Today's treasures.  Ya gotta buy the daily deal -- I use them for retreat.  The patterns were on my list along with Jenny's book and the larger drunkards path rulers.  Yep - these make circles EASY.  Jen's list had Spooky Season on it and, well, I joined in.  We're not going to play catch up with the ongoing sew-a-long, but will do it together and hopefully have it Halloween 2023.


Speaking of Jen --- she HAS been sewing and has completed her blocks.  Remember that she bought two kits?  She also won a white tone-on-tone layer cake.  Pulling out just the greens from the kits, she has this top underway.


I AM sewing and working on my circle project when the Doan families start to arrive and make their way around the room, stopping and visiting with each table along the way.  It's so fun to chat with them and my lovely 301 prompts many questions, which I am happy to answer.  After the visiting ends, it's dinner.  As I go up to collect my food, the backside of one of the front design walls is holding someone's beautiful work.  She took the Easy Cathedral Window pattern we were taught and combined it with the fabrics from the Happy Snails kit.  Simply gorgeous.


The major stopped by for a "thank you" to all of us.


Gwennie is waiting for the next event.


Group picture times - first is Happy Trails - 


Followed by Half Moon Rising --- You can see that I DO have progress on it.  In fact, it is ALMOST quilted.


After the pictures - show and share.  I don't have pattern names for most of these, but enjoy.




Made today with the Exploding Pineapple patter and the Happy Snails fabric kit.



Terry's quilt.  She was so much fun.  Her words, "A lot of cursing and my husband is a pastor.  It wasn't pretty."


Jenny Lane for Halloween - 


Tis the Season Block of the Month



Fancy Forest pattern by Elizabeth Hartman


It's so sad, but it's farewell time.  Jenny played and song for us and then spoke from her heart.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the place, including Misty and Natalie.



Once I get it back together again --- I'm off to get this table runner binding on.  That does happen.  ALSO what happens is that my whole project shift while quilting it up and over on the machine.  As a result, the side borders are not even remotely straight.  I'm going to call it Half Moon Rising Diagonally.


More goodies were left and won.  The puzzles and fat quarter bundle was dropped throughout the evening and I won the layer cake in the evening draw.  Just so you know -- EVERYONE wins one.  The generosity here has been overwhelming.


We are staying up late tonight in the hopes of a few "kind of finishes" and Sam has her blocks done.  This means there must be a celebration.  Yep, sharing ALL the pics here.








I, too, have finished my blocks but opt for a calmer showing.  Time to pack.


Jen is still going.  She has her blocks all sewn together and is working on borders as I call it a night.  Or is it a morning (1:00)?  She has been the last lady standing for two nights now, but she's almost got a quilt top.  Impressive and Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment