Saturday, August 6, 2022

Mother/Daughter Road Trip to MSQC - Day 7 - Two Quilt Shops and Travel Home

 Hello from Nevada, MO.  We are at a Holiday Inn Express and last night I shared with others that my sweetheart always comments on their cinnamon rolls.  No one else had even heard about this.  How can that be?  At any rate, it's morning, I have my roll, and I've sent a pic to Mister.  At least he will understand what I am talking about.

It takes a bit to get moving today, but 9:15 we are back in the car and on the road.  Or so I think.  Turns out that Jen has us stopping just a few blocks down the road.  Nine Patch Quilt Fabrics is the place.


There is so much fun in here and we are all scattered around looking and oohing and ahhing.



Peek around with me. 



I like this little stitch sampler --- helps me to know which is which.


I locate some wide backs and find one that will work with Happy Trails from my recent class.  Yay!!  That's it for me.  In fact, quite a few backings were bought by the gang.


And away we go.  About 1/2 an hour later Jen turns off the highway and when she starts down this dirt road, I had NO idea what was about to happen.  In fact, even though there is a sign in this first picture, I didn't see it - just the dirt road through the soy bean fields.


We notice this beautiful home up on a hill and start talking about it before we really realize it is our destination.  When Jen turns in, we are shocked and DELIGHTED.  What a view.  Now, let's check it out.


Had to go and take a picture of the view - 


And got caught - 


In we go and it's magic from the moment we step through the door.  To read all about it, please click on this Merc on the Hill LINK.  There's a nice post all about the place.


My treasures from this stop -- all inspired by items in the store AND I signed up for the BOM quilt on the wall -- except mine will be blue.


Before we leave --- a pic of us all with out treasures.


It's now after noon and as Jen says we have gone this far


and spent this much.



The decision is made to make tracks and since we know this quilt shop can't be beat --- we are content and hope to make it home this evening.  However, we're hungry again.  Joplin, MO has Beast & Barrel and it fills the need perfectly.


I go light with hummus and vegies and am so happy for my choice.



LOVE the way they have chosen the decor to fit the theme.


Downtown Joplin.  I want to return and explore.


Right next to the restaurant is Plant Parenthood.  The name is awesome and we go in.


Run with Jen


Check out these kitchen witches --- they are just so funny.



I'll even give a free commercial here --- that's how cute they were.


There are also plants in Plant Parenthood.


The Prop Swap even nets Jen a prop from the second picture.  I don't know what the name of the plant is but she loves having one in her classroom.



For people who decided to "get home," we are not making very good tracks.  Let's try again.  As we come to an intersection near Big Cabin, OK, I spot a statue.


It is Standing Brave - He is 46 feet tall without the base.


Some straight driving has us unloading Gwen in Sulphur Springs just before 8.  I never took a picture of us fully loaded, so now is a good time.  The coolers are jam-packed as well.  From the back - 


From the front - 


Good-byes are said and we are off for the final leg for me.  Back to Dallas.  Jen is staying the night, but Sam will push on for another hour and a half to get home.  As we finish up --- the sunset is remarkable.


AND - with a little teamwork, we even get the lady herself as she sets.  This has been an amazing trip with amazing women.  I know that seems trite sometimes but it is absolute truth.  When do we leave again?  Love ya all to the moon and back.  Hugs, Deb.



No comments:

Post a Comment