Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 2021 Monthly Quilt Update

 


Another month has come to an end.  Do you know what that means?  It means October begins tomorrow and October is the bestest month of the year.  The world is changing around us -- yes, I mean nature and not the craziness of people -- and we need to stop and embrace it.  It's a wonderful time to be part of this beautiful world ---- I AM going to enjoy each and every moment outside and bring the joy into my heart.  Coming along?

If you are new to the blog, you may be asking, "just what is a monthly update?"  I decided long ago that I just can't keep up with blogging daily.  I just can't.  Sooooo, what happens is I document a day in my life within one post and if something special happens, a separate post takes place.  See, you can stay caught up with a once a month check and then, if you're interested, see the other posts too.  It's a great system for me.

In years past, I have set goals for each month and I will continue to do that simply to keep myself on track.  I AM still in an ongoing UFO mode around here and trying oh so hard to use or clean out the stash.  It will be an continuing project this year.  If I want something to come in -- something has to go out.  That is one goal.  The balances change each month (hopefully) and will always show up at the bottom of the update if you read that far - and they are joined by links to the previous monthly updates for the year.

Now, grab a cuppa and sit back for a fun read and perhaps a new idea or two.   (P.S. I format on a computer, so if you are reading on a phone, well sometimes the pictures will be before or after the story.  It is what it is.)

So --- here's October and all the wonderful joy I found.  Please remember that any links in here will open in a separate window so that you can keep your place on this page at the same time and there are no ads or popups EVER.

1st - We are starting the month out right by being at retreat.  Honestly, is there a better way?  To check in on us and join in our fun, here is your LINK to the blog post.  

My main goal for today is backings and labels.  After an unexpected trip to Fort Worth and helping a friend who needed to go to the hospital, upon my return I turn my focus to the RS backing.  It is TA-Done.


Toss in the label and binding and I have this one just waiting on the top.


Next is Pfeffernusse - another backing


and label.


I already had the binding made, so this one is ready to go as well.


Number 3 for today - Orca Bay - 


label done - 


toss in the binding I've already made and another is in the done bag.


2nd - It's the third day of retreat and I'm focusing on laying out some quilts so that I can web them at home.  First up is Orca Bay --- it's the first time I've seen the colors playing together and I LOVE it!  Each row is picked up carefully and pinned together.  I'm ready to web.


2020 Sucks is next and I discover that I left it a little less ready for layout, but I CAN do the center - 


It's game night at retreat and my costume is not finished so I'm off to the bedroom for the final touches.


Ahhhh ---- these women just make my heart happy.


We even gather up those who completed Witch's Night Out and although mine is not quilted yet, I am included in the picture.


A fat quarter bag finish happens next and I'm gifting it as a door prize for the retreat.


One more layout before it's time to play --- Pfeffernusse!


Game time is always a blast here.  I am a giant pile of leaves.  Does it work?  


My peeps ---- so, so much fun to spend time with.


To round out the evening, I have a TA-DA with my Pfeffernusse.  Woohoo!!  Another one ready to quilt.


I even make it to last ladies standing.  It's been a minute or two since that happened.

3rd - The dreaded Sunday has arrive and that means packing up and heading home.  But first --- the Boo Pillow Crew.

Now, clean up, pack up, and say good-byes once again.  Some will be together again in six weeks, but for others, it will be longer until I see them again --- likely next year.  I am ALWAYS super thankful for those who stay and help me shut down.  These ladies have my heart today - no doubt.

The drive home consisted of many phone calls and catching up with friends and family.  It's just the best time for me and makes my drive seem to go quicker.  Unloading, unpacking, and getting ready for family to arrive takes up the next couple of hours and then my grandson departs in the car I've had for 16 years.  SIXTEEN years.  Oh my.  Actually, we all depart and head to Jake's for dinner.

On the way home, Mister and I make a stop at Vector for a beer and I spot this lovely line of turtles made from champagne tops.  We are sitting on the patio and are blessed to watch a marvelous sunset.  Ahhhhh, October.  I do love you so much.

4th - Mister is on vacation today so that means time together.  However, there is also a ton of computer work that I need to do so I rise early and let him sleep.  By the time he is awake, I have balanced all retreat accounts and Paypal, fixed rosters from all the changes made this past weekend, paid the monthly bills, and am working on developing pictures from the retreat and writing the blog post.  Facebook is cooperating and has gone offline, so . . . let's walk to the coffee shop.


Back home and I manage to get ALL the computer stuff accomplished except Facebook posts.  It is what it is.  Time to run some errands and stop for lunch/dinner.  Today is Udon.  We stop at a new-to-us spot called Marugame Udon.  It's in Old Town and I am pleasantly surprised.  I would have preferred less egg drop in the broth but that is my only complaint.  They also have Oak Cliff Soda here and we try and Lime and Coconut one that is to die for.  Oh so yummy.  More errands and then a stop at White Rock Ale and a nice relaxing time together.

5th -  Mister is back working today and I'm ready to rock and roll.  We are leaving on vacation Saturday and I need to be a wee bit ahead on the two quilt-a-longs that I'm hosting.  Today is a Ruby Slippers (RS) day.  For those of you who are visiting for the first time today -- It's actually Emerald City by Bonnie Hunter..  I'm on the move and sashings are going down today.  A few nine-patches too, just for good measure.  In fact, nine-patches are first.


Followed by sashings of various types.  Parts use red and white and other parts use only longer pieces of white.  I'm so fortunate today in that all these parts are already cut.  I just don't have time for cutting as well today.  Sometimes my OCD plays in my favor.  Sew, Sew, Sew and I web batches of these strips one right after another until I have all the strips ready for assembly into the sashings.


Every thing is then cut apart and laid out in sets.  I have hopes of reducing the number of duplicates per sashing this way.  High hopes, she's got high hopes . . . 


It's almost 4 in the afternoon and I started before 9.  However, I have the sashings complete.  Whew.  That was a LOT of pieces.


Sitting and relaxing for a bit, the parts for Straits of Macinac (SOM) are laid out and ready to become blocks tomorrow.  

6th - So much on my mind the minute I wake up and I hit the ground running.  Even before breakfast, I'm out the studio to select fabric for the round robin I picked up at retreat.  I have a plan and will only have to pick up one fabric for it.  As I sit and look at this picture, I can't help but laugh.  It is NOT a girl in a bikini.  I promise.

I've now fed Mister and am settled at the machine for what I anticipate will be most of the day.  Blocks and I go to the ironing board at 4 p.m.  Wowzer, what a day.  I feel as though I've totally lost track of what I was doing at least 10 times and that usually doesn't happen to me with blocks.  They're done though --- perfect?  NO.  But done.

7th -   I'm doing laundry and it's my last sew day for a bit.  One more task is on my list and that is to complete the November Farm Girl blocks so they are ready to post.  Fortunately for me, this month is a really easy one and the first set of blocks only take me about 15 minutes each and that includes the barn as well.  Now, the second group is more complicated and I'm well into the afternoon before completion is found.  A few embroidery stitches and I can call this task "done" as well.  Yahoo!


Along the way, I've managed to complete the orange blocks of leader/enders.  Onto purple now.  It's been fun, but now I need to move forward on preparing for our vacation.

8th -  This morning an errand list that seems super long is setting the pace for me.  One of the items is some muslin for a Round Robin I am participating in and I really need that to move forward.  I'm about 3/4 of the way through the list when I remember that there is a local quilt show today.  It's only about 10 minutes out of my way and I make the calculation that I have enough time to play for ONE HOUR.  Please join me for some delightful eye candy in this Plano Quilt Show LINK.  Just for a teaser here, check out this still life.  It is phenomenal and I just cannot bow down low enough to the maker.  How crazy cool is this?  Now, back to the remaining errands and packing.

9th - The day has finally arrived and we are outta here for vacation.  The beach is calling and you can follow along in our fun with this Day 1 LINK.

When we travel, breweries and quilt shops are high on our stop list so the first one we come to today is in Huntsville, TX.  Check out this Fabric Carousel LINK to see the goodies in the store.  A few treats made it to the car with me and I'm checking things off on my lists.

Conroe's quilt shop is next along the way and a simple click on this Quilter's Quarters LINK will share the fun with you for this one.


My purchases here were different but still super fun.  I would certainly shop here more often if it were closer to home. 

By 6:30, we have arrived, unpacked, and settled into our lovely little home away from home for the week.  Relaxation is already happening and I know this will be just the perfect week for my sweetheart and I.  The sunset is helping us along and a calm has settled over us both.  Even projects were pretty much left at home.  

10th - Happy Anniversary to us!  Eleven years ago this amazing man said he'd share his life with me and I've been oh so spoiled ever since.  Love you so much Mister.

We are awake and ready to walk the beach for our first sunrise here.  You can come along with a click on this Day 2 LINK.  It's worth it for pictures alone but the lockout story is decent too.


Our bed has my beloved beach quilt on it --- naturally.  

When I made it this morning, the red crab popped out at me and memories of a dear friend flooded back.  I think she may have walked with me this morning as the beach was littered with "angel wing" shells, all intact.  This is just a few that Mister brought home.

As for the rest of the day ---- feet up and enjoying life.  I've got a good book and what could be better right now?


Our sunset walk - 


And a stop in front of the Quilt Sister Beach Retreat House --- I'm about ready to bring a retreat back down here - just not to the same house.

11th - We're here for a few days so each day will pretty much start out the same for you and I.  For me, a later sunrise walk due to rain - for you, a click on the Day 3 LINK.  

After finishing the first book I brought, a little hand stitching happened.  I now have two cat bodies finished and ready for heads.  Tiny bits of progress is still progress and I'm happy for that.

Mister and I walked the jetty tonight and thanks to me, we both came away soaked.  First time that's happened out there.  

From the jetty, one can watch the most amazing sunsets with industrial buildings in the background.  You wouldn't think that could be so pretty, but it is.  I love the silhouettes created in the dim light.

12th -  'Good morning from Surfisde Beach. '  That's what this crab is appearing to say as we come across him before the sunrise has even begun.  For this a more fun, here is your Day 4 LINK.


Hello pretty lady - 


A trip to Galveston netted picture of this fun turtle - 


and a stop in Dickinson gave me the opportunity to pet some fabric.  A click on this Teo's Treasures LINK will let you peek in the store along with me.  It's a great shop and several treasures found their way into the car when I was finished.  We have such a great day together and our adventure takes us many places we have not been to before.  Some are the last thing we expected to find, but oh so beautiful.

13th - Walking the beach today is simply mind numbing with the beauty that nature can provide.  Here is the Day 5 LINK and it is filled with amazing photos.


Shadows together on the beach and an afternoon drive during which I find a shop logo sign which is a quilt.  How cool is that?


Dinner at a restaurant on the beach tonight and a walk home is the perfect ending.

14th - It is our last full day on the beach and we both want to soak up every minute of it.  The gorgeous sunrise starts us out and this is just the tip of the iceberg for moments of sheer beauty.  Give this Day 6 LINK a click and enjoy them for yourself.


I've finished two more book and have event put my cats together.  There is a wee bit of stitching left on this and then the finishing moments will arrive.  Believe it or not, this will light up when done.  As I'm starting to gather my items, my love is grabbing every last minute he can listening to the music nature provides.


15th - We start out the day as usual --- enjoying the sunrise before our work begins.  Packing up and heading home, with fun along the way will take up the rest of the day.  Follow along in this Day 7 LINK.


Along the way, future quilts are spotted.

A stop in Sealy provides a brief glimpse into this quilt shop but here is the Creative Threads LINK to share in what I did see.  Another stop in Brenham provided me with a luscious treat.  Peachy peach ice cream - straight from the factory.  Oh so good.

College Station's quilt shop was on my mind from the very beginning of this trip and it did not disappoint.  Oh goodness, what a delightful place to be.  Please click on this Lone Star Quiltworks LINK to see just how wonderful it really is.  I want to go back NOW.


Our final stop before home has us creating a table picnic from leftovers in the car cooler.  It's been a great day, but now, we must go home.

16th - Even though the weekday vacation is over and we are back from the beach, Mister would prefer the fun to continue until he has to be back at work Monday.  Therefore, today we are off to the Huffhines Art Festival and various other places.  Here is the Day 8 LINK to share in our Saturday fun together.  While there, I do manage to pick up a couple of ornaments for an upcoming event in December AND spot a booth that is just amazing to me.  I am NOT a huge purveyor of abstract art, but these are just so fun that I can hardly stand it.  The artist is sweet and hopefully you checked out the link for all of her information.  She is located here in Dallas and is just so talented.


I am starting to pull together items that I will need for an event in December.  If I locate all that I already have, it helps in the shopping list.

17th -  It's the LAST day of fun before reality comes back to play and once again we are out of the house bright and early.  Here is the Day 9 LINK so that you can follow along and if you like pumpkins, please do so.  There are just so many fun pictures.


Autumn at the Arboretum never disappoints.


Ahhhh - even Mister is willing to do selfies today.  That's a sure sign of a great day.


We finish up with crazy color.  Do you know what I'm doing?


18th -  My friend, Val, called before I left on vacation and said she would be coming through Dallas today so we made plans to meet up for a bit.  It's been ages since we could chat and a quilt shop was the location to come together.  Here is a Not Your Mama's LINK so that you can check out the store.  I am holding onto these pics here as I treasure my moments with her and I know others do as well.  This is a great shop and the people there were so  helpful.  I may have spent a bit more than normal, but it's all good.  I can always use the fabrics and the pattern will be great for next year or 2023 or . . .


Such a joyful time.  Love ya so much, girlfriend.


After my time with Val, I made a Hobby Lobby stop for some supplies for both retreat and an upcoming event in December.  Plan, plan, plan and apparently it's buy, buy, buy right now too.

19th - I am actually sewing today - in between working on the vacation pictures and blog posts.  All of these little units need to become sashings.


It takes me a bit for my brain to figure out the best way to get the points to line up, but using my light and pin-pointing the spot to add a pin finally turns out to get them where I want.  Too bad, it took me over a 1/3 of them to figure that out, but I'm okay with it.  The sad part is that I already knew this trick and used it on my Sapphire Blues quilt, but the memory - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  It takes quite a bit of time to get them done and I guess I'm just not up to completing the task today.  It's okay, I've already reevaluated what I can and cannot finish this month.  I had to as my expectations were totally unrealistic with all the traveling involved between a retreat, a vacation, and another trip north.  It is what it is, as my daughter would say.

20th - Starting the day out with paperwork, retreat organizing, and blogging has me feeling as though I'm getting a handle on things - just a bit and because I'm feeling just oh so good, I book a Missouri Star Retreat for next summer and pay for it.  I have to tell you, I'm pretty excited as it is with Jenny Doan and her two daughters.  Add in the fun shopping and I'm officially excited for something next summer.  Now, back to the machine.  Those sashings are going DOWN.  


With the sashings in a stack, I'm ready to start webbing this top.  It is INTENSE.  So much pinning that there is no way this will finish today.  

21st - Somehow the list of things to organize right now is HUGE.  Planning for November retreat, emails, and more blogging takes up a bit of time.  I try to straighten up my room a bit and wind up hauling my hat from retreat to the living room.  Why not?

 When I'm ready to go to the machine, I decide to work on the borders at the same time - as my leader/enders.   The webbing is complete, however, I discover that I missed a critical part on the border pieces and have to take them all apart again.  Grrrr.


Settling into a comfy chair to watch television with Mister, Jack comes along and we get to work.  I cannot believe I did this --- why oh why did I miss the whole required step?  It just goes to show that my mind is exploding from the lists of things to accomplish before the end of the month.  It doesn't take long and I'm back to where I was this morning.  Enough for today.


Well, maybe not.  I decide to lay out my blocks for RS.  Now, I'm done.

22nd - It's a domestic day - kind of.  Laundry, beginning to gather supplies for an upcoming Christmas party and staging for November retreat.  Ordering, ordering, ordering.  It seems like I've been racing to the computer every 15 minutes to add to an order.  Goodness, now if it will just all get here before I leave at the end of the month.



Remember all that basil from before our vacation.  Well, since it is laundry day and that stuff is all over the laundry room -- it was crushed and placed in a jar for future use.  Quite a bit, right?  Sewing also took place with the first item being for me to sew those border string pieces all into one long strip.  Yep, this was the step I missed.


Now, they have to be cut apart in a different, longer length than they were originally.  It really didn't leave much leftover -- wow.


I'm ready for tomorrow --- oops, Monday.  The weekend is here.

23rd - Mister has tickets to the DMA Van Gogh exhibit this morning and so it makes sense to find a "new-to-us" coffee shop on the way down.  This Buzz and Bustle LINK will let you share in this really cool shop.   

I mentioned the other day that there was more to see at a spot downtown and since we still have time before the DMA opens, we're off for a little adventuring.  Here is the Thanks-Giving Square link to follow along and see our fun.


I did a whole day post for all of the other amazing things we saw and you should check it out - some funky, fun things. Here is the Daytripping LINK.  Our stop at the DMA has a separate post for all the amazing Van Gogh items and this is your Van Gogh LINK.  I will share one item from the museum here as it is fiber related.  This is Shades of 73:  Composition for 1980 and created in 1980 by Al Loving.  The placard reads, "In this work, Al Loving revisits a style he first developed in the early 1970s, which marked a radical shift from his earlier hard-edged paintings.  Scholars attribute this shift to several factors, including a personal tragedy and the criticisms that Loving received regarding the supposed political neutrality of his geometric forms.  'I felt stuck inside that box,' he later remarked.  Partially inspired by African-American quilting traditions, Loving began cutting up many of his paintings and experimenting with ways of putting them back together, integrating stained and dyed canvas with other fabrics, such as velvet."


24th -   I had a pretty quiet day and it was nice.  Time was spent talking with my two oldest daughters today and those are the best moments for me - ALWAYS.   Mister  was a bit more ambitious and cleaned the back amid other projects.  I did do a bit of organizational stuff to ready for my upcoming crazy schedule AND I made a pot roast.  Yum.

KAREN SPENCER - DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WAS THE SURPRISED SPOILED.

25th -  This is my last week at home as we leave Saturday for Montana once again.  I still have multiple "must does" on my list and so this morning I hit the ground running.  First things first --- I HAVE to have the current Round Robin ready to take along as hand work.  That means the cutting needs to happen now.  Starting with the muslin, all of my border strips are cut.


Next is to cut the strips for the vine and then with the bias piece that is leftover, I cut strips and then pieces for the leaves.


The same is done for the red, but I didn't take a picture.  Once all my pieces are cut, it's off to the machine quickly to stitch the vine strips together.


I love it when I have a chance to use those expensive items bought awhile back.  This is a perfect application for these rulers.


It's just a matter of feeding the fabric through the desired end size ruler then use the iron to push it along and press into vine.  I LOVE it and am done within mere moments.



I need to get back to the two main projects I have going on.  While making the borders for SOM for the second time, I'm making quarter blocks for RS and doing this in leader/ender fashion.  It makes the progress seem to go quicker.


Borders are DONE (well cornerstones still need to go on, but in my mind they are done for now)


And so are the quarter blocks.


From that point I go right into the main blocks and soon have them ready to go as well.


One little BAD block happened towards the end as a leader/ender.  However, it is one less that remain to do.  I'm calling it good for today.

26th - I have to move forward on the two tops today.  Remember that the SOM one is already webbed and laying on the living room floor - yep, still.  Now to get the next one to the same place.

As I start in, it dawns on me that I can go and get the SOM and sew a row as a leader/ender for the RS webbing that is taking place.  It works soooooo well, but hefting to very heavy tops (there are just so many pieces and seams in both of these) around is certainly giving my arms and back a work out.  Soon, the webbing is complete and a quick check to make sure nothing is out of place before moving on.


Now it is one row from one and then a row from the next with plenty of pinning in between each one.  I am down to 3 seams on each one when my back just can't do it anymore today.  


That sends me to a comfy chair in the den and I soon have all the freezer paper leaves and berries cut out and ready for pressing.  I'll leave that for tomorrow - I'm pretty done today.

27th -   First thing, while the oatmeal is cooking, I press the papers onto their pieces.  It's another little item finished and that makes me feel good.

Taking the time to enjoy breakfast and a phone call to my mom, I am now ready to tackle those two beasts once again.  Seriously --- I am not joking.  So heavy and so many seams to match each time.


The first one finished is RS and it is at this point that my sweetheart points out that I have 33 blocks turned the wrong way.  33 out of 36.  OMG.  Do I fix the 3 to be wrong as well?  Do I fix the 33?  Do I just leave it and maybe do another one correctly later on?  For now, it sits.  I am leaving for Montana in a couple of days and will have plenty of time to think about it.  Maybe I'll just poke a hole each day the last part of November and all of December and fix one block each day, allowing it to still be quilted by year end.  Maybe I'll just poke myself in the eye.  Sure couldn't hurt if I didn't see this earlier.  UGH.


At any rate, for now, it is packed with it's backing, binding, and label - waiting it's fate.


One more seam after finishing RS and I have the center for SOM to press and peek at.  It is just so busy that if something is turned, I'll never find it and at this point, just don't want to know.  I won't let Mister look close.


Borders go on and this top IS ready to quilt.  At this point, I will tell you that this is likely one of the hardest quilts I've made.  I would NOT make it again.  Putting the borders on was the easiest part of the quilt.  Honest.  After that, making the string borders.  It's a tough one, but oh so beautiful.  SO many seams, I'm sure quilting will be challenging.


It gets packed up as well and I'll add it to the list.  December is going to be quilt, quilt, quilt.  That's the plan anyway.  I'd love to have a few more finishes this year still.

So, THIS happened as a result of these two finishes.  TWO empty project boxes and not really anything hanging out waiting for a box.  That's odd around here but with the release of colors for Bonnie's mystery on Saturday, I'm sure one will start filling up.  The other - I'm still thinking.  

Last for today - all of the outside fabric on my leaves and berries is cut out.  Now for pressing and gluing the edges over.  It may happen before we leave, we'll see.

28th - With some of my MUST DOES behind me, I have a day to run errands and make sure this blog is under control.  Bills have been paid, emails sent, I'm gettin' 'er done.  By the time all of the "little" things are taken care of, the day has zoomed by.  I just want to sit and do nothing for a bit --- apparently, with a cocktail, Mister feels the same way.  We're both just kinda done today.

29th - So, crunch time is here.  Laundry going, refrigerator being cleaned out, packing/organizing taking place.   You can tell a quilter wears those black socks, much to my husbands chagrin.  In fact, the only reason this suitcase isn't closed is because I ordered some socks to be delivered this evening so that he won't cringe if we go out.  Yep, I love him that much.  The bag on the floor is awaiting my computer and as soon as I finish this day's writing, it will go in along with the other items on the table and my purse --- voila, one personal item.


My preparation for a retreat that takes place 3 days after we return is well under way too.  What a mess!  I WILL be straightened out before I go.  Love, love, love the November retreat.


Once all of my chores were accomplished, I had a little time to play.  Trying out heart sizes for a quick little project I'm working on.


I truly thought I would have a prototype today, but cannot locate my fabric glue.  The hot glue only goes so far.  Drat it anyway.  It'll be here when I return.  Well, that's it for today.  It's an early night for us as we will leave the house around 3:30.  Crazy, right?


30th - We are outta here oh so early.  The house was in the rear view mirror at 3 a.m.  Yep, it was a short night with minimal sleep.  Montana --- here we come.


It was pitch dark when we left Dallas and the sun was barely rising when we landed in Salt Lake City.


As I wait for the next flight, Bonnie's Introductory Post (yep, that's the spot to click) for this this year's mystery is up.  I am thrilled and so excited that I was right and have been collecting some of the right colors.  Yay!  This will be fun.


We have an uneventful trip (the best kind, right?) and are soon at Mom's where I am able to gift her with a small birthday present in addition to my being here.  Remember my skinnie?  It's on her front door now.  Also, I have a post for our first days in Montana and here is your LINK.  Take a peek at it for gorgeous pictures and interesting stories.

Family means everything to me.  I am so thankful for these moments to make lasting memories and wish my momma a very happy 82nd birthday.

31st - Happy Halloween!!  Our day started out with an ambulance ride adventure.  Ya just never know what each day will bring.  If you want details, click the link above.  It's Day 2 in Montana and we are just chilling.  

We are at the end of another month.  Are you ready for November?  I am looking forward with excitement for all that it will bring.  Also ----  I'm calling this day done and heading for some sleep.  Fingers crossed anyway.  I'll leave you with this - 

The I AM's for this year have really helped me to look inside.  We are constantly facing situations that we are unprepared for and have to find the strength to move forward.  Somedays, it is simply putting one foot in front of the other and another time it can be monumental or feel that way at least.  Bravery is something we all have inside us - tapping it is the ability that lags behind on occasion.  I'm attempting to meet everything bravely and cope the best I can.  This month when we are centered on family and being thankful, let's add this to the list.  I AM Brave!

Thank you for reading this far.  If you made it here, kudos to you.  Hope you have a great month and find a way to bring joy into your life.  Stay creative y'all.

UFO's to quilt:   

BOM #1 - quilted and bound - 
BOM #2 - quilted and bound
BOM #3 - quilted and bound
Winter Wonderland - quilted and bound
Witch's Night Out - quilted and bound
Quarantine Challenge - quilted and bound
Dawn's Early Light - quilted and bound - on the frame to quilt
Xing - quilted and bound

Current Projects:

Farm Girl Blocks completed - DONE
Ophelia Quilt - 
Round Robin - fabric pulled and purchased, templates made, freezer paper technique figured out, pieces pressed and cut, packed for the trip and handwork will commence tomorrow.

UFO Items to work on:
 
All Neutral strings -
BAD blocks as leader/enders - Orange finished, working on purple
Whims 2nd quilt - 
Straits of Mackinac QAL - top, backing, label, binding done, ready to quilt.
Emerald City (Ruby Slippers) QAL - top, backing, label, binding done, ready to quilt.  I THINK.

The next four are to be worked on with rotating Wednesdays until finished - 

Midnight Flight
Scrap Crystals - 
Pfeffernusse - top, backing, binding, label done - ready to quilt
Orca Bay - backing, binding, label done - ready to web

UFO Handwork Items:

Hand Quilting -- 
Stockings - still working away on it -- cats are done

Links to Previous 2021 Monthly Posts





No comments:

Post a Comment