Monday, October 18, 2021

Not Your Mama's Quilt Shop Spotlight - Plano, TX

 An opportunity to meet up with a treasured friend put me at Not Your Mama's Quilt Store and since I haven't been to the new store before, I thought I'd bring all y'all along with me.

We are greeted instantly upon our entry (which I LOVE) and after asking about taking pictures, Christina gives the go ahead and I'm soon clicking away.  There are the greatest displays all over the shop and my eyes are darting instantly.


As I scan the room, I find this sitting area and mention that I think this is golden.  The response from the shop is that it is used by husbands quite a bit.  They even mentioned that they have a little welcome packet for the men that includes a bottle of water and other items.  Such a great way to make ALL feel welcome.

They have their own t-shirt and it's so dang cute!!  

Alright, let's show the fabric displays as I'm eager to share them with you.  First up - solids and neutrals.  Fantastic selection.

Just to the right of them I see fall fabrics in a lovely display and straight behind the solid/neutral display is some ombre and the sale wall.  You can find batting back here as well.


This October Breast Cancer Awareness display is absolutely wonderful.  I had no idea there were so many pink items in a quilt shop.  I also adore the antique table that it sits on.


A look from the back of the store forward - 


While I'm here at the back - tone on tones or blenders brighten up a corner and I spot this apron that I think one could make from ANY panel by just cutting the top part a bit.  LOVE the idea.


A real mixture going on here but you'll find Halloween along with all the treasures this corner has to share.


That particular corner also holds the entrance to the class/sit and sew-room.  It's large and well lit and would be a great place to gather with friends.


Just outside the classroom, I'm continuing around the back and spot these t-shirts.  I really like the center one.  Hmmmn.


Wandering back to the front again, a picture looking back to where I had been.  There's a ton back there for you to discover on your own.


A darling table holding pre-cuts and a tree wall hanging that I just might want to make if I can make it not scream "green" for my red/white house.  It looks fun.


It's time to check out and while doing so, Christina visits about the quilt behind her.  I mention that it is a PERFECT golden scissors project and explain just what that means.  Maybe I'll see one being worked on at a future retreat.  My treasures for the day - they carry Laura Heine patterns and I've always wanted to do the dressmaker frame but it was soooooo big.  I have no place to put it.  NOW, however, they have combined three of the larger "sewing" related patterns into one and they are all reduced in size.  Perfect.  They are now on the list for 2022.


Now, to take advantage of that wonderful sofa.  Val and I visit for almost an hour and love this time together.  What a great little shop and super sweet people to help you.  Please stop by and give them some love.  Yep, they were even kind enough to take our picture.  True service here.

No comments:

Post a Comment