Saturday, October 9, 2021

Fabric Carousel Spotlight - Huntsville, TX

 The last time I visited Huntsville was for a shop hop hosted by this quilt shop and it was closed for the occasion so I've never actually explored their home.  Welcome to Fabric Carousel and if you're interested in the previous trip (with side trips and all) here is the LINK from 2019.  Now, onto to today's adventure.  From the moment I walk in the door, it's bustling activity with shoppers in all aisles and me trying to take photos as an area empties.  As I pass the cutting table, THIS beautiful fat quarter display grabs me.  I need a few fat quarters for next month's retreat and this will give me a chance to get started.


Rows and rows of beautiful bolts.  Mister even notices the stack of machines awaiting some repair or pick up.  They have two people in house, one that works on the Bernina's and one that does the other machines, including Singer vintage.



This one quilt catches my eye and I snap a shot of just a small part to share the idea.  So cool.  If anyone from the shop reads this post, could you please comment with the pattern for this one.  I'd love to purchase it.


There is a large classroom along with long arms in another room off to the side.  What a great chance to gather and sew.


In a case near the front, Mister spots these lovely Halloween items.  Since I'm not a machine embroiderer and likely never will be, I'll share them for those who are.  So, so, fun.



Looking towards the front of the store.  We are right on the square in downtown Huntsville.


This --- look at the quilting in each block.  It takes a simple quilt and turns it into a masterpiece.  Incredible.  I can only drool on these as they are WAY outside my comfort zone at this time.


It's time to go and after our wonderful visit with Christie, I leave with my fat quarters in hand and a great quilt shop experience.  Stop in if you get a chance.  Oh, they have a program with the bands on the fat quarters.  If you turn ten of them back in, you get a free fat quarter as they are recycling the bands.  What a magnificent idea, both for the incentive AND the second (or more) use of a product.  Let's all save the planet one little piece at a time.  Knowing, I won't likely get to 10, we just turn over the bands right now.  


And, my treasures for the stop are simply pet-worthy.  It's back on the road for us.  See you at the next shop down the highway.

2 comments:

  1. We LOVE our Fabric Carousel and Doris and Karl Collins, the owners. They support our quilt guild in so many ways and the shop and classroom are our "home away from home." Classes are offered in quilting from beginner to advanced, and we have classes in machine embroidery as well as Bernina Artista Software and Silhouette Software. It's a great store with great owners!

    ReplyDelete