Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The "Roaring Twenties" are Back - Our New Theme


Hello everyone and Good Morning!  This past year we have embraced chaos and hopefully found fun in the insanity.  I did.  I made HUGE dents in the stash and limited my purchasing to what I needed or truly loved.  Things were organized and I can find things again.  My life is chaos at all times, however I am more able to enjoy being in it.  I hope you were able to do the same.

Now, let's move on!!!  The 20's are Roaring Again.   Shall we join in?  What would that mean?  Well, for one thing, it was a time of great changes.  Let's start there.  Make some changes.  How about tackling a project that has intimidated you -- change and intimidate it?  How about changing your sewing room around?  How about changing some of your habits --- step outside the box -- join a group, a bee, a retreat?  Each month I will make a change and ask you to join in on either your own change or with me.  NO - they are not resolutions.  They are changes.  There IS a difference. A resolution usually involves stopping something.  I don't want to stop ANYTHING.  I want to add to my life --- through learning new things and creating beauty.



Maybe  . . . . tackle a Dresden Plate quilt --- they were crazy popular in the 1920's.  Bring back some fun that way.

 "The Dresden Plate quilt pattern was one of the most popular quilts made during the 1920's and 30's.  It was first published in the 20's but not always under the name Dresden Plate.  Grandmother's Sunburst, Friendship Ring, Aster, Dahlia, and Sunflower are all names see for this pattern."

Here's one from Moda Bake Shop and the layout for it.  I could do this.  Here is the LINK to this pattern.  One plate per month (two in one month), some sewing of the chains along the way and you could have this completed this year.

Back to my flappers!!!!


Hats??  Should we bring that back into style again?  I have quite a few.  Hmmmmm, perhaps a new change on the horizon.

Let's ROAR again --- including perhaps a flapper party somewhere along the way -- it's on my list.  You see, it was also the era of wonderful nonsense.  Perhaps make that a part of your changes.  Look out retreaters.

I started making changes last year in anticipation and pulled away from a few events -- but added different ones.  Viva la Difference!!!  That alone can make a valued injection of energy into our lives.  My first roaring change for January will be to stop letting the long arm intimidate me.  I'm going to get to know it better.  Can you do the same with a machine, a ruler, a fabric you just don't know what to do with?  Give it a whirl.  Make a change!  Roar along with me.  Will you?

2 comments:

  1. I plan to make changes for the better, too. I quit making resolutions years ago, and instead set goals/projects/changes for myself. This year my changes are to improve my overall health and to challenge myself creatively. Look forward to seeing your 20s posts. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and I appreciate the read. Stay creative -- I think I read where we'll live longer if we do.

    ReplyDelete