Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Finished Non-Quilt Items

Each year I try and create one post that includes all that I've managed to finish.  It's the only way I can know what took place and have it in one quick and easy spot.  This post contains all items that are not a QUILT.  That doesn't mean they aren't quilted, just not something to cover up with to keep warm.  Got it?

Here's the month by month:

February - We made Jelly Roll Rugs at retreat as a mini-class project and I LOVE how mine turned out.  The kitchen will definitely be brighter with these in it.  They are the same fabric line in two jelly rolls and yet totally different fabrics and quantities.  Perfect.




I found this on the swap table at retreat and have always wanted a Christmas apron.  A little work and it is mine to take home.


March --- John Paul is turning one and his Quiet Book is complete.  Front and back.


Inside Pages











Mondo Bag - Another retreat mini-class.  I used all Texas Spring fabrics.


April - Something for my grandson -- a little fabric book.


Cleaning out the studio, I found these foam boards and made some more small, movable design walls for the retreat center.


May - At retreat once again and putting together some Fat Quarter Bags.  I don't think anyone can have enough of these.


Some pedal snap bags for my vintage machines.


A chicken pin cushion mini class taught by Paula -


Two more jelly roll rugs - I raided the Christmas bin (and received some great fabrics from Frieda) and cut my own jelly roll strips for these.  Cut and made at retreat.


Some jean pocket hot pads - also made at retreat as I'm cutting up old jeans.


Two more little mini-class projects at retreat --- a watercolor mug rug and a phone holder.


And finally -- one more mini-class --- these little origami bags taught by Linda and Ramona.  What fun they are.


July - At the retreat in Kaufman, TX, I made my purse from the materials bought in Houston last November.

The rest of the month, I finished up my Amish bookmarks so that they can be gifted at an upcoming retreat.  This has been in progress for a very long time.


November - I learned how to make the Folded Star Ornaments and will teach this at my Christmas Cookie and Ornament Exchange party next month.


December - Mairead's afghan.  This one tested me a bit -- lots of crocheting while on vacation through Louisiana.


Two more ornaments (the second one did receive another level of ribbon).


Ceramic Bears for my new granddaughter.


One more ornament - love the rocking horse.


And that's it for this year.  I've had fun and learned a few new things along the way.  The list for next year has already been made and there are several non-quilt items on it.  Hopefully, they'll be in the done column next year at this time.  Until then, Happy New Year to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment