Saturday, December 21, 2019

Spring Antique Mall Stop

On our way to a friends party in Houston this morning, we find ourselves arriving a wee bit early.  What to do? Find an antique mall.  That's a fun way to kill an hour or so.  Just off the interstate in Spring, TX, we find the perfect spot.  Spring Antique Mall it is.  Come along and I'll share the items I spot that may interest an sewer/quilter/fiber lover around.

The first few booths set the mood with quilts and supplies everywhere.  Then, I spot this bin of doilies and I have to admit, I love them so much.  Am I really getting that old?  I always thought doilies were an old lady thing, but they are so crazy wonderful.  I will admit, some of those color combinations, I cannot get behind, but that is a completely different story.




Look at this lovely.  She'd have come home with us if that back plate wasn't missing.


MORE doilies.  THIS booth is just brimming with fiber love of all types.

As I move through the booths (at a much faster pace than Mister --- oh goodness that man can look at EVERY item), one has this yo-yo top - or perhaps a finished item.  I never really know with these --- when is it done?


This string quilt top catches my attention and I have to unfold it and check it out a bit closer.  Each block is hand pieced but then the blocks and rows are machine stitched together.


Another yo-yo item -- only this one is a vest.  Hmmmmn


There's a featherweight here ---  The finish needs some love, but overall she's not in bad shape.


All the parts are there if you are on the lookout for one of these machines.  I do so love mine, but am not in the market at this moment.  More quilts and quilt tops and then I see these wonderful turtle pins in another case.  No, I don't purchase one, but they are cool.  I'd never wear one, but my collection shelf would certainly get dressed up.


One booth has a set of shelves that are just so fun.  I would like this display in my own studio if I had room and the desire to clean it all the time.




This next vendor has taken it to a new level.  Could we really organized our own spaces with these items?  I'm betting I could find some of them if I went on the hunt.

The drawer labeled "quilt" has a lot of orphan blocks and cut out units ready to be made into something special by nimble fingers and a great imagination.  Creativity moment just waiting.


Another machine wanting a home.


There's gotta be at least one crazy quilt around --- yep


And these last two items just make me giggle and giggle.  First -- the icicles.  Really????  We bought several hundred of these about 10 years ago (hardly an antique) and I'm pretty dang sure I can't get $1 a piece if I try and sell them.  Too funny.  The second picture?  I used to sell Tupperware eons ago and I haven't see this much in one place since then.  Wow.

Well, that's it.  Our time is up and we are off to share in the joy of friendship for the afternoon.  Hope you enjoyed the quick peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment