Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Finished Quilts

Where do these years go?  I cannot believe another has bit the dust.  The challenges this year have been there, for sure, but overall, I really can't complain very much.  I have a sweetheart who loves me and I'm grateful for that.  Seriously!!  Keeping perspective is important.

At any rate, it wasn't as productive a year as some in the past, but I did manage to complete a few quilts.  Here's the final share for 2019:

February -

Mister requested a lap quilt for his birthday and I had a TON of charm packs just taking up space.  They also had matching sample pieces to cut up and that worked out to allow me to make a matching one for me as well.  Here are the "rag quilt" duo.








Friends got together last month to learn a new technique Rockin' Rectangles is the result.  I began it at Miller's B&B and completed at Brazos House retreat.  I like the back as much as the front, if not more.



March -  I was feeling very driven.  Some UFO's needed to be brought forward and finished.

Pineapple Blossom - This one was started in 2017 at a class in Mineola and I'm going back there next month with the same teacher - Bonnie Hunter.  Yay!



Merry and Bright - A Quilt-A-Long with Pat Sloan that was put on the back burner for a bit and is now in the done column.  Wacky back.



Christmas Lights - A Quilt-A-Long in an online group.  It had been on my list for a bit and this was super fun to make.  Another old Bonnie Hunter mystery is checked off.


The back is me trying to use up any Christmas fabric with gold in it.  The bin is going down.



April -  My midarm was kept dang busy.

Texas Tumbleweeds - Made with batiks, this one has been in the "to be quilted" bin for a bit now.  It was also an online Quilt-A-Long.  I do love it so much and love that it was both started and finished at retreats.  Design by Bonnie Hunter.



Good Fortune #1 - This one has also been sitting in the "to be quilted" bin, along with it's sister (shown below).  With my classes coming up, I'm really trying to get as many completes as I can.  This is last November's mystery with Bonnie Hunter and in her colors.


A couple of panels and lots from the bins -- anything with an Asian feel.  I love the fun of it.



Good Fortune #2 - Because I am crazy and did two last year.  I saw these colors and had to make a second one at the same time.


Staying with the theme on the back again using a couple panels and more out of the bins.



Carolina Christmas - Yet another Quilt-A-Long in the group.  I stayed on top of this one and had a pretty quick start to finish.  Design by Bonnie Hunter.


Still using up fabric from the Christmas bin.  I'm finally making a dent in it.



Garden Party - This is another one that has been sitting in the "to be quilted" bin for a bit too long.  I love it so much and am thrilled it is complete.  Bonnie Hunter mystery I started in 2015 using all batiks.


With the name "Garden Party" any panel I had with flowers went here and then more extras just being used up.



Crabapples - One last throw together.  I pulled out this bin and sewed like a mad woman hoping for another finish this month.  This is a Bonnie Hunter design from a class I took in 2016, using "ugly" strips.  Bonnie says, "If it is still ugly, you just didn't cut it small enough."  I took her word and went for this one.


Since it reminds me of an orchard, I went with the farming theme on the back.  A few random panels and odds and ends out of the bins and once again --- I am so happy to be reducing the stash.  This is also the last quilt to be done on my midarm as it is moving to a new home.



July - In May, we had a Jelly Roll Race at retreat and this top was created.  I made a trip to Houston to pick up my new longarm and this was the test quilt while there.  Final binding at a retreat in Kaufman, TX.



September - A wall hanging quilt for the beach retreat exchange. I don't have label information because it was filled out at retreat and gifted.



Val won mine!!!


 October - My 5th annual mystery has a finish while up in Montana.  Sapphire Blues has been so  much fun to work on and an all original design using the Storm at Sea block.


Pretty simple back, just the prototype blocks that weren't used in the label.



November

Mairead's quilts.  A new granddaughter means lots of stitching.  This is a mint green tricot, all hand stitched while at retreat.  Lots of help from Aunt Jen.


Baby Girl Ashton.  The colors on this are totally crazy, but the back is soft and the binding fun.  Cut at retreat, sewn at Miller's B&B, and first project to be quilted on the new longarm.



Mairead's Squares car quilt. Also cut at retreat, sewn at Miller's B&B, and the second for my longarm (the same day, back to back quilts).




And that's all she wrote this year.  Perhaps I'll tackle a few more next year, but I'm gonna say that I'm content as it stands right now.  Eighteen is more than one a month and that's decent.  Until a year from now:  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment