Monday, December 16, 2019

Frolic - Clue 3 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Friday means that it's clue day BUT, I am leaving for Abilene and my daughter's graduation this morning so all I really get to do is peek at it a bit.  I'll get back to it Sunday or Monday - hopefully.

Sunday morning and I find a wee bit of time to work on this while my sweetie sleeps.  Fortunately, once again, I am able to pull all of the required neutrals from the strip bucket as well as all the dark blues.  I just have to cut a few light blue strips and I'm ready to rock and roll.  I get about halfway through the required amount before he wakes and is ready to spend the day with me.  Absolutely!!


Monday has arrived and I have a crazy LONG list of things to accomplish and this clue is one of them.  I am sooooo thankful that this is a relatively easy week like the last two have been.  I'm not sure if that means I should be prepared for some whoppers coming up soon or not.  At any rate, I'm all cut and ready to sew.  I'm on my own today and multi-tasking like crazy.  There is Chex Mix in the oven, Cranberry Shiver in the freezer, laundry going, and who knows what else.  Stirring, folding, and stitching.  That's what today is about.  I manage to create my chain and that means the traditional picture of HST garland must take place.  I think it adds to the tree, don't you?


They come right back off, though, as I must keep moving.  To the iron!!


 All that is left is the dog ears and quick snips make short work of those as well.

Into the ornament those pesky little pieces go and my clue is complete.  I'm loving these colors together and can't wait to see what comes next.  Bring on clue 4.

2 comments: