Friday, December 20, 2019

Frolic - Clue 4 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt


What a week I've had.  I told my sweetheart that today is just for sewing and nothing else.  Well, I have turkey soup on the stove and I am wrapping a few items, but that is all.  Today I want to Frolic!! 

I will admit that I was up early and doing the "refresh" thing today.  Having something like this to look forward to each week is something I need this time of year.  I LOVE the season, but being away from the majority of my family is so difficult.  This occupies my mind and helps the soul.  Speaking of the holidays, I thought I'd show my little "Bonnie Mysteries" tree.  Each one of the clear ornaments is filled with the dog ears from a previous mystery.  I have 20 ornaments (2 are because I made two those years - Celtic Solstice and Good Fortune) and am only short two - Carolina Crossroads and Orca Bay.  At least one will happen in 2020.




Now, onto this week.  We  have some half square triangles to make as well as cutting some quarter square units.  A new color is in play and for the first time, I have to cut strips.  I'm still using up a lot of scraps, but the size is requiring some cutting. 


It takes awhile, for sure, but I'm making progress.


Finally, it's time to sew.  A quick look at the clock shows 1:00 p.m.  I wonder just how long this will take to sew, press, and trim the HST's. 

It turns out that 2 hours is the answer and that included playing around a bit with a fun display of this weeks clue.  I'm super excited to see where these are going to go.  Dog ears are ready to be stuffed into my ornament and look how pretty this is.  I've made a few cookies this week, so trays and platters are on the brain.


 Here's where we are so far.  I so love this color combination and am thoroughly enjoying the quantities this year.  Now, onto tomorrow's event and I'll see ya back here next week. Same Frolic time, same Frolic channel.

4 comments:

  1. I can't get to the directions only this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there --- you need to go to Bonnie's blog for the directions. Here is the link: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/frolic-mystery.html

      Delete
  2. Looks nice - I have not cut my stripe, but how many do you need of dark.light..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used scraps so don't know the amount of strips needed for yardage. For each of the sets you need about 2'of each color, I think.

      Delete