Monday, November 18, 2019

Off to Terrell with Sherri -- Fabric Sale

The plan for tomorrow was to go to Zavalla with my friend, Sherri, but the Subaru dealer had a different idea this morning.  Losing my vehicle to recall issues made it so that I could not drive to her house and spend the night for a bright and early departure tomorrow.  However, the totally helpful hubby that I have found a fabric sale in Terrell that might work for today instead.  A few messages and phone calls later has us both driving toward Terrell.  The owner, another Sherri, used to have an online fabric store and has since disbanded it and is trying to clear our her inventory.  She's down to about 1200 yards and perhaps we can find some treasure there that need to come home with us.  The fabric is $3.75 a yard and I have my list of "needs" in hand upon arrival.





I am able to find a few more Halloween pieces AND the backing for my Whimm's Christmas quilt.  Nice score and I didn't break the bank.  Sherri found some fabric for a church project she is working on and the I know the owner wishes we had done more damage than we did.  I can only do so much, but the information was passed along to someone who can do a better job than I.


Lunch is up next and this is our view as we leave the property.  Yep, we are kind of out in the middle of nowhere.


Hello Terrell!!!  Great mural.


After meeting our requirement of getting lost at least once per trip, we settle on Hickory Roots BBQ.  The decor is fun and we definitely are able to find the entrace as it is WELL MARKED.  (See below).  I get the giggles over the "oink" chalkboard ornaments on the tree.  Don't ask me why, but it's just dang funny to me.  We both order a single meat plate and go to locate our side dishes and drinks.




Items are for sale all over the place and the whole feel is definitely Down Home.


It's been great fun to share a couple hours together.  Thanks for the PUNT, my friend.  It's always good to be flexible and take advantage of what comes our way.  However, the drives home must begin and it's only a few days until retreat as well.

The return trip through downtown gives me an opportunity to share some cool looking old buildings with you.  I do so love the older architecture and it's even more special when it is still standing AND being used.



Oooooh, the sign remains too.



As I get near Mesquite, I remember that there is a quilt shop that I have not visited yet, but have heard good things about.  With a quick stop to look around, you can walk along in this Pieced Together Studio POST.  Now, I'm homeward bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment