Thursday, November 14, 2019

Heritage Antiques - Lufkin, TX

Lufin, TX --- Heritage Antiques --- stop and walk.  That's the plan.  We are on the way home from vacation and sometimes, just sometimes -- treasures can be found along the way.  Come along and let's see.

This is a crazy cool, antique shop.  It is housed in the old First Christian Church Educational Building and occupies both floors.  Look at the beautiful tin ceiling and chandelier in the entry.  Oh my.  I'm ready to begin the treasure hunt.  One of the first booths I come to has a chest of quilts.  My eye lands on one.




A closer look show all the beautiful handwork.


Another booth is filled with wonderful sewing items. 


And another.


Ooooh, look at this miniature nativity.  I meant to go back and get it --- dang.


Fun on shelves and stacked beside tables.  Sometimes ya just gotta move things around to get a better look.  Do you remember the fabric wrapped clothesline baskets?  I sure do. These have held up remarkably well, although the fact that they are here makes me think perhaps I'm an antique too.  This next section takes Mister and I a while to get through.  Soooo much is on these shelves.  I do come away with some vintage needles to share with friends.


Cute display.


And spools.  Both of us have commented on the number of spools in this shop - they are in soooo many booths.  Why the large quantity in this town?  Inquiring minds want to know.


A lovely little pinker.  If it had the clamp, it would have come home with me, but I have one already that doesn't have a clamp.  It's a treasure for someone else though.  I LOVE these mother-of-pearl binoculars.


Yo yo's, with buttons or bling added and the turned into pins.  New to me, but it would probably work as barrettes too.  Not for me, but . . . .for whoever would wear this as a pin.


I'll admit (and likely offend someone) my first thought was --- yep, I'm in East Texas.


Hmmmmn --- how could I adapt something like this?


More spools and shuttles --- and somewhere under there is the base to a treadle.


Okay, okay --- the kitschy person in me likes these.  They didn't come home with me, but I think they are cool measuring cups.


Who remembers these?  Who has the song in their mind instantly?  I think I was singing it around the store.


And that's it.  Did I find treasures?  Well, yes.  The vintage needles I mentioned, some vintage measuring tapes that I need for my Christmas Party, and a Blind Stitch Attachment for a Featherweight.  I already have one, so it will likely be for sale.  It's a great antique shop if you are in the area and need to stretch your legs too.  Then go check out the downtown area.  Soooo fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment