Saturday, November 2, 2019

Houston 2019 - Days 2&3

Time changes this weekend, but for now it is still dark upon waking.  Or am I just up really early?  Look how quiet the streets look.




The view was pretty but . . . . now I'm hungry and  I know there is food upstairs.  Gotta go, gotta go.  While up there, here comes the sun.



And window 3 shows how quick the light moves.


You know how you can count on certain things in life?   Well Jennifer and Gwen being up early is one of those things.  Jennifer even found coffee before this room opened.  That's EARLY.


Howdy --- Rocky, Sherri, and Paula --- the day is about to begin.  Paula has arrived dressed for the  sapphire celebration and ready to play.


But first, we have some time to kill since I was all fired in a hurry to eat and the show doesn't open until 10.  Killing time all dressed up and ready to go.


There's that beautiful smile that I love so much.


Here we go ----- are they ready for us?  When we decided last year to attend festival one more time, it was because it is the 45th Anniversary and that is Sapphire.  The show is hosting an exhibit of blue and white quilts to honor it and somewhere along the way Sherri brought up the idea of dressing in blue formals for the day.  It doesn't take much for me to jump on a bandwagon and away it went --- racing horses in the lead.  Today is our day.


Royalty on the way to the quilt show!!


After spending time with the visitors yesterday, it is all about the show today.  PLEASE follow along with us in this Eye Candy Part 1 LINK so that you can share in just a bit of the wonder we saw.  Blue reigns supreme and we are in awe.




Royal blue evening gowns, tiaras and discussion on a quilt.  What could be more fun?


Lunch, that's what.  A chance to be with more of our group along with visiting, sharing what we've seen and laughing at all the crazy questions we've been asked this morning.


Did you check out the link above.  Well, here is the Eye Candy Part 2 LINK.  The afternoon brings soooo much more.  I'm only sharing blues in this post.



We complete the entire show and have a few minutes to wander in the vendors once again.  A time has been set for a group picture and my beautiful friends are starting to gather.  Lovely, lovely ladies -- one and all.


Paula has been asked about the dresses by one of the show staff and they want our picture as well so as we gather, they take this one and post it on their site.  How super sweet is that?  It's a pretty good picture too.



The gangs all here ---- what a fun group to travel and share this weekend with.  Gwen, Shirley, Rocky, me, Darlene, Jennifer, Sherri, Stephanie, Sharron, Terry, Jennifer, Stephannie, Samantha, and Paula. 


Group dinner is tonight and the sangria is calling my name.  I think this is one of my fav parts of this trip.  However, the BEST is time with these amazing women.  I am so truly blessed to have them in my life and to keep company with them.  They teach me daily on so many matters and help me to be a better person.  I have a long way to go, but it's a work in progress.  Since dinner is early (in order to get a table), we are able to go back into the show for a bit.  Shopping/sharing/stargazing all take place.


In fact, we are shutting down the show tonight and I think that's a first for me.  The place is really emptying out and perhaps we can get some really cool photos.



A quick trip upstairs really gives us some good views.




Smile, my friends.


I managed to find the pins for nametags and finished out my purchases for the upcoming Bonnie Hunter mystery.  We are beat, though, and it's an early retirement to the room. (the show closes at 7).  Lots of time to giggle ourselves silly -- just ask Stephanie and Stephannie --- tears of laughter ensued.  It's so like slumber parts long, long ago.

Our last morning finds us hanging out for breakfast together where more friends are found and photographed.  We actually ran into them last night and were so sad that the camera didn't come out at that time.  Argh.



Darlene is waiting in the lobby and I go to meet her.  She has a gift for Sherri so a phone call brings her down as well.  Oh my goodness.  I wish you could hear the giggles of sheer delight.



And then ---- hugs.


Stephannie stops by and she needs to love on it too.


Now, we are packed and almost ready to go.  It's time to find our other car mate ----- who is very busy shopping.  Shopping like a crazy woman.  Oh my.


Hey Gilley!!!!  Just a moment to say as we are leaving.  Drat.


Somehow this is all going into my already packed car.  Okaaaaay.


I have to share this as it tickles me so much.  I go out to retrieve my car and have the ticket they gave me.  Trying to give it to then, I am told, "Keep that so you can make sure it's your car."  What????  Sherri and I decide that if a Jaguar pulls up, we are outta here.  Of course it's my car.  OMG.  Shouldn't THEY have the ticket to make sure it's the right car?  Wow.


Saying good-bye at Buc-ees.  It's been the BEST trip and my heart is just so full.  Thank you to all who shared in our fun.


Upon arriving home, Mister and I are off to enjoy a few minutes together so I can share all the stories.  Perfect ending to a perfect 3 days.  Love ya ladies so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment