Friday, November 29, 2019

Frolic - Clue 1 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

It's Clue Day!!!  That means it's also Black Friday.  You would think that I would get used to this after all these years, but no.  I am up at a little after 5 hitting refresh over and over and over again.  The clock is ticking so slowly and I keep looking at my fabrics wondering which colors we will use today.  Tick, tick, tick.  FINALLY!!!!  Woot woot --- blue and raspberry are the lucky winners this week.

First things first.  A thorough read of the clue, notes taken, and then off to the scrap users system to see what I can pull from there.  As we are making four-patches, even my squares are pulled into play.




The cutting table does get used as I do not have enough of the other parts, but the dark blue only needs raspberry partners.  Rather than two strips, I'm just adding my little squares a bit at a time.  I did NOT cut the raspberry strip.  I'm only saying that as there is always more than one way to get the desired result and if I can use up some of these pieces that have been meticulously saved over the years, it's a win for me.


A quick press shows all the variety achieved my matching up the lights with the raspberry leftovers.  I don't have as many of these, so strips will also be used.


Four-patches coming together.  I did hit a part where I needed a leader/ender and I know I've mentioned this before, but it has become such a habit than when one is not easily available, it brings me to a halt.  Think, think --- Oh, I have some Jamestown Landing units to work on that are right near by. 


As I work along, I have the pleasure of Brenda and Donna's company.  It's always so grand to work together on these clues and I'm having such a great time getting to know them both.


It's tight in here, but warm and cozy is good sometimes.  It gives us a great chance to help each other out a bit.

A break for lunch and then it's right back to the task.  Brenda and Donna are making grand progress as well.  I hear them sharing strips and when Brenda was just a few short, I was happy to share as well.  The more variety the better.


Let your strips shine, ladies.


It's starting to storm out, so our party is getting cut short a bit, but I've so enjoyed their visit. 

Four Jamestown units are part of my day's progress and that makes me happy too.  Each little bit helps. 

A piece of pie, more chatting and it's time to say good-bye.  I always take two pictures and on the second one, I laughed and said smile.  Apparently I wiggled too.  It is what it is.


All of my patches are made and now for the final spin and press.  TA-DA!!  Week one is done --- now 6 more days for the clock to click by.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment