Saturday, November 9, 2019

Fiber of all Types -- Ya Gotta See This to Believe It!!

Okay Y'all - you really need to meet Vicky Polve from Henderson, TX.  She does the most magnificent work with pine needles and I am completely dumbfounded.  Literally jaw dropping.

I spot her work at a festival and wander up for a closer look.  No one is around her booth but I am carrying on rather loudly and soon draw a crowd.  Goodness --- bow down to the woman.  Her works is not only incredibly beautiful, but oh so intricate.



She starts with a beautiful center, made from rock or petrified wood, or??? and then hand stitches the needles on in a circular motion.  Do you see how they are clipped together.  I do not wish to attempt this, nor am I suggesting it to others --- rather, contact this beautiful woman for unique, one of a kind gifts.  Heck, gift yourself.


More variety ---- so, so, so WOWZERS!!!  Color changes come from the thread and stitches.  Have you picked up your jaw yet???


Here are the details to contact her and please do --- at the very least, find out where her next show will be and go see these magnificent works of art.  Thank you, Vicky and her sweetheart Kinney, for brightening my day so very much.  When I first asked her about her craft, she was hesitant, but her hubby was happy to toot her horn.  That's a good man and he does crazy cool rock work/jewlery.  You are both, indeed, artisans.

2 comments:

  1. That's actually my wife Vicky that makes the pine needle baskets.

    ReplyDelete