Thursday, May 16, 2019

Quilt Gallery - Kalispell, Montana

It's always fun to hit the road and visit other amazing quilt shops while we are out and about.  This week we have gone "back home" for me.  I'm up in Bigfork, MT on the beautiful Flathead Lake and nearby is Kalispell, MT.  It is home to a recently relocated shop, Quilt Gallery, owned by Marianne Buller.  If you are driving into Kalispell along Highway 93, well there is just not a good reason on earth to pass it by.  Well, maybe if you are in an ambulance.

I have my sweetheart and mother with me today so won't be able to play quite as long as I would like, but peeks and a few treats are easy.




It's a beautiful shop with high ceilings and lots of light.  So many fun things in here and in this next picture, the back two rows of fabric are by Island Batiks and are the Montana Memories Signature line offered exclusively in this shop.  They are beautiful!!


As I keep wandering through the shop, my camera is shooting every direction I can move.  I REALLY like the way the bolts are by color and style and in these layered racks.


So much fun everywhere.


As I round a corner, I hear my sweeties voice back in the classroom.  What is he doing?  Ahhhh, turns out there are a couple of vintage 221's (Featherweights) being used and he just can't help himself.  I'm glad he was able to talk and help in any way he could.  (Apologies to the ladies in the picture -- you're going to be famous without consent.  Hahahahaha)


So many machines around the room AND the Bighorn Sheep quilt on the wall is also an original design here at the shop.



More views



Oooooh, cubbies --- treasures abound, I'm sure.  My mom loves the quilt above the red bag.  The baby animals panel is absolutely sweet.


Lots and lots of panels.  I see fun, fun backs.  I know others make use of these on the front but I just follow the beat of a different drummer.


Dang, time is just flying by and we have lots of errands to do with Mom, so gotta run.  However, not before helping my neutral stash along a bit.  These fat quarters are $2.00 each and if I weren't limited to my carryon bag, well . . . . .

I do find four delightful prints that will help many a quilt along the way.  A bit here and a bit there.  That's the life of a scrappy quilter.  Thank you, Marianne, for you hospitality and willingness to visit for a few minutes.  We'll be back in October for a more extended stay.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment