Friday, May 17, 2019

Whitefish Quilts and Gifts - Whitefish, Montana

Mister and I have run away for the day to explore the area and stretch our legs a bit.  About an hour from my mom's is Whitefish and I have located the cutest shop right downtown.  They are small, but really pack in the merchandise.  Owner, Teresa Wood, is available for a visit and some great insight on the building history of the shop.  With such a limited space, classes are not available, but I could easily spend all day in here, just discovering the nooks and crannies filled to the brim.

Whitefish Quilts and Gifts is just that.  Upon entering, it's a gift shop with a definite quilt theme going on.  There are LOTS of Montana Made products in here and it's the perfect one-stop shop for souvenirs and fabric to take home.




One upon a time, it was an ice cream shoppe and they have kept the history alive by leaving the stools.  I LOVE it.


One corner of the gift shop.  Yep quilty as can be.


If you noticed in one of the pictures above, there is a doorway at the back of the gift shop.  Here is what it enters into ---- Oh my ---


And it keeps going back.


With hidden alcoves at every turn.




What a great shop.  I've selected a few fat quarters and am ready to check out when I spot this.  WOW.  They are participating in this year's food themed Row by Row Experience and have chosen huckleberries.  As a bonus, they have worked with Hoffman Batiks in designing their exclusive huckleberry fabric.  Since y'all know how much I love purple and green --- SWOON.


Here is a sneak peek at their row.


My treasures for the day --- yes, the huckleberries got me.  I veered from my promise to only buy neutrals.  If you are ever in Whitefish, MT., please, please, please check out this shop.  It has the additional joy of being right down the street from the brewery.  Perfect.  That's where we are headed right now --- it's lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment