Thursday, May 9, 2019

Brazos House Spring Tweener Time

Tweener Time!!!  What can I say about this?  I LOVE the time between retreats.  I can work at my own pace, walk the grounds whenever I wish, and just sleep or eat whenever the urge hits me.  What on earth could be better than this and not be at home where laundry and other chores call?

Sunday afternoon --- people are gone and Val and I finally spot a moment where we can get a picture we area after.  For some crazy reason, the backhoe has been moved and we have a clear view --- well almost.  A few items need to be dropped but we are on top of it.




There is a plan for this.  It's a secret for now, but stay posted.  It'll be cool.

Out to the meadow for a bit.




And the river???  Well it's down a bit.  We have a couple of steps showing.


And yet --- just shortly after this, it was moving up again.


Meanwhile, I am working on cutting the strips for two jelly roll rugs.  I need a could of red/white Christmas ones for my kitchen.


Monday -- see???  I told you tweener days were relaxed.  Yesterday went by with very few pictures.  However, today I am starting the day with a sunrise.  It is GORGEOUS!!!



And coffee, of course.


Up at the hosue, Val is busy with a project and so is Debi


Paula with a purse TA-DA


Visiting.  Just visiting.  Love this time.


I notice that the goats are roaming free and want to take a few pics.  Come join my fun.






And the water is showing a change once again.  What is going on?


Tweeners at the meadow.  I LOVE these pics.  Linda, Frieda, Paula, Debi, Val, Gwen, and Ramona.  Yep, I'm taking the pic and pop in for the selfie.




There's those smiling faces.


A quick trip to the labyrinth.



And home again.  Rest and relaxation.


My bookmarks are ready for handwork.  Montana???  Time will tell.


Flowers arrived from Cassie.  Sooooo pretty.


It's time to work on the jelly roll rugs.


Val with her TA-DA


It's coming along but I'm calling this day DONE!!!


Tuesday - oooh, it's a pretty day.  Looking out my window first thing in the morning is the BEST!!!  Without a roommate right now, I leave the curtains open at night and thoroughly enjoy the morning sunlight.


Today, my task is the rugs and that means I have to somehow rig up a flat table for Lady Elna and her table.  It takes 27 books, but I get 'er done.


LOVE them so much!  Christmas is a long time away, but they will look soooooo good.


Val, with her bag TA-DA --- front and back


And SURPRISE!!! Birthday gifts from the gang.


Is this what I think it is?


It is!!!! WOW --- crazy cool.


Linda with a TA-DA


Maria with another TA-DA


Frieda and her TA-DA


Starting to cut up clothing that will never fit again.  Then ---- calling it a night.


Wednesday - I am really into sleeping in.  This is AMAZING!!    A morning TA-DA from Ramona.


Followed by Val - TA-DA


And Rocky with a bag TA-DA


And before calling it quits tonight -- I have potholders started from my jeans and a ton of squares cut.


Thursday - It's the morning of the 2nd retreat and we have lots to do to prepare still.  However, a walk to the river starts it all out.



When I return to the house, the morning coffee clutch is well underway.  I love how these morning gatherings take place.  The love and warmth of the group is just so fulfilling.


It's time to decorate.  We are "Off To The Races" this weekend and Val has gone all out.






With a good amount of people in the room, Frieda does a show and share of quilts that Maria has quilted for her and returned.




Plus a finished TA-Da from Tweener Time.


AND Gwen has a quilt to share that Maria made and she purchased.  She then had Maria quilt it and OMG --- check out the work.



The doors are decorated for each room.









And my day is complete with more flowers.  Look at these amazing tulips!!!  Wow.  That's it --- it's time to move into the second retreat and we are up and ready.  Bring it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment