Friday, May 17, 2019

Glacier Quilts - Kalispell, Montana

As we were driving back from Whitefish, Mister and I were commenting on the various stores along the way.  One of the ones I spot is Glacier Quilts and he turns right in.  Woohoo, one more shop to explore today.

This shop is nestled in a huge shopping area of Kalispell, MT.  It's a great size and the first thing Mister spots is someone quilting on a longarm in the back.  He calls me back there and we visit with the gentleman for quite some time.  He rents time here and I gotta tell ya, my camera should have come out.  Not only was his quilt fantastic, but the view out the window as he worked was dang sweet too. 
Now, to explore the shop.  Right inside the door are patterns for potholders and I love the way they are displayed.  I might even like to make some of the Christmas ones.  Hmmmm.




Continuing down that same aisle --- a place for kids to play.  PERFECT.


Oh wait --- you want to see what the whole store looks like?  Well, here ya go.  I'm not visiting with an owner this time, so lots and lots of pictures.  Enjoy the eye candy.



I LIKE the little dollhouse too ---- I may  have to make that one.


Nice big aisles so that you don't feel as though you are on top of someone else while shopping.


Oooooh, I spy a large pop-up like I made.  Mine is used ALL THE TIME.


Judy Niemeyer is from around this area and this store has many of her patterns available. 



Classroom or open sew space.


Quilts hang low, even between the aisles, making it vibrant and colorful every way you look.


I enjoy the bolts snaking across the floor.



The fabric racks are awesome.  Each bay has a space between the bolts for fat quarters and most are available that way.  It's wonderful.


Soooo much -- If you can't find it here, well . . . .


My neutral fat quarters in hand and it's time to move on.  Hope you enjoyed the peek.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in Missoula, about 120 miles away,
    I go up there all the time!!! Love this shop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow --- that's a trip. Are there good shops in Missoula too? I will be back up that way in October and hoping for a few more stops

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete