Saturday, December 5, 2015

Saturday Craft Show and Antiquing

I let Mister sleep in this morning and as a result we are now quickly trying to get out of the house and get to Debi K.'s craft show in Hurst, TX.  It's about 45 minutes away and we are late, late, late.  When we arrive, the only parking we can find is in the back 40 and our walk into the building takes us at least 15 minutes.  Goodness but there are a lot of people here.  First things first, we go find Debi and say hi before wandering off to get some coffee and a pumpkin spice cake for breakfast.  Her booth is already full of people and sales are brisk.  Nice.





Once our bellies are a little happier, we are off to explore this high school that has craft booths in EVERY nook and cranny.  First thing we do is get completely lost in the hallways.  Before long the map starts making sense and we are cruising.  I love craft shows but am terrible at buying anything.  For some reason all I ever do is say, "I can do that."  Ugh.  I know how terrible that is but I am being honest.  We do come to a basket booth that stops me cold though.  Years ago I tried basket weaving and as a result, I know that I don't want to do that so am willing to buy what others make.  I spot these cute pins that are like little knitting baskets and we stop to talk with the owner of the booth, Brenda, as she works on a large basket.  She is a sheer delight and Mister has found some items that would work beautifully with my quilting rulers, scissors, rippers, etc.  Oooooh, I want, I want.

I snap some pictures and then we move on, giving me time to think about whether I want to spend the money or not.  There is a long basket that I dearly love but it is $80 and a bit out of my range today.

The upright one is $35 and a lower one for $30.00.  Decisions, decisions.  As we move along Mister buys me a black/green turtle for my collection and a couple of hours later we are back at Debi's booth where I pick up some earrings and Mister finds a mug for Mom H. that has bluebells on it.  A quick run back to the basket shop and we are done and ready to move onto to another activity.  I chose the lower one.


Our next stop is for lunch and then we are off to the Mid-Cities Antique Mall.  Honestly, I think we are in there for about 3-4 hours.  It is 6:00 when we leave but oh my, what fun we had.  People tell me all the time that they never spot any sewing machines or other related items in their malls.  Today we hit a bonanza.  Rather than posting all of the pictures here, I am going to put up a slide show that goes through them.  There are 2 Singer 401's, a treadle, a White, a Singer 66 Red Eye, an Essex Miniature, a tiny handcrank, a Dressmaker, an electric Singer in a treadle base, and a Graybar along with old ironing boards, irons, quilts, sewing box, puzzle box, and wood shelves that would be great in a studio.  Yes, we have a great time.  Mister even finds some new cocktail glasses that he wants.  What goes home with me?  Well, the Red Eye and the puzzle box.  I'm a pretty happy girl.


Here is the slide show of all the wonder my eyes beheld.  Most booths had 50% off and some even more.  The place was packed but if my fellow DFW'ers see anything here they like, I'd bet you can make a trip there for it.  The Essex perhaps?  I wanted it, but definitely am happy with what I took home.  Enjoy the slide show.

2 comments:

  1. What fun you had! So glad Debi's booth was doing a brisk business. Will have to jump on the desk top to see the slide show. Just a big blank spot on this iPad mini of mine! Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning this technology and what works on what is definitely a challenge but we move forward a wee bit each month. We had a great time and it was indeed fun to see Debi.

      Delete