Saturday, August 31, 2019

Quilt Sister Cruise #1 - Days Eight and Nine - Sea Day and Home

It turns out that we are ALL burnt --- well almost all of us.  It's going to be a very calm sea day, spent visiting and hiding from the sun.  Locating a spot in the marketplace on lido, we gather to sew, talk, share, laugh, and enjoy.  It even requires us to move a few times to let everyone gather round.  A few are still wandering around or competing in a slots tourney.  Go Maria -- we are rooting for you.  Don't count on a lot of picture today.  I'm moving slow and trying not to even have my clothes touch my skin anymore than necessary.


Meanwhile, back in the room.  Our steward says good-bye in a sweet way.


Everyone comes together one last night for dinner.  It has been a wonderful trip and I've learned a great deal about taking a group on a journey like this.  Am I ready to do it again?  Absolutely.  As soon as we return from our next adventure (10 day beach retreat coming up), I'll get the next one going.  Meanwhile, back to dinner --- oh yum.  Mango soup tonight.


Somewhere after the mango soup, my stomach really turned on me.  It hasn't been happy today and I'm thinking its the sunburn, but maybe I have a bit of Montezuma's Revenge.  Who knows.  At any rate, I can't eat my dinner and am passing on dessert too.  As I leave the restaurant to go lay down, look at the beautiful dessert coming out.  So divine!!!


And that's it for my day.  A quick peek at what remains of the sunset.  I packed earlier in the day so now all I have to do is put my suitcase out and climb into my bed.  It sounds wonderful right now.


Since I went to bed early last night, I am wide awake before the sun.  Heading out onto the balcony, I am soon joined by Sherri and we are able to just watch our arrival into Galveston as the lights come into view and the sun begins to make an appearance.  Watch with us.







It's a beautiful arrival and I've enjoyed every moment of it.  Breakfast is calling and we are meeting up in the dining room.  It turns out, I still can't eat, but being with everyone is the BEST. 


As we sit in our waiting spot before debarking, a few choice moments are had.  Our other four ladies were sitting in a different location as they had an earlier debark, but we loved being with them as well.  Hugs to all.









Our exit goes so crazy SMOOTH and it doesn't take long at all to retrieve our cars and being the travel home.  My car returns via the airport and a good-bye to Ramona and Linda.  It was SOOO much fun being with them.  I can't wait to see everyone again. 

The drive homes goes well and my sweetheart ends the evening by making this lovely cheese board for me.  My stomach has finally calmed down and the crackers help.  It's time to decompress a bit and just be held. 

No comments:

Post a Comment