Sunday, August 25, 2019

Quilt Sister Cruise #1 - Day Three - Sea Day

It's a SEA DAY!  We have the entire day to just explore the ship, visit with one another, eat, nap, and play the Scavenger Hunt that Debi handed out last night.  I start the day peeking to see if I've missed the sunrise entirely.  It's definitely up, but still gorgeous out.  Hey, I spy another ship.




Let the exploring of the ship continue.  I have my scavenger list in hand and am off for some fun and maybe I'll check a couple things off the list at the same time.  Up to Serenity Deck, where I think some of our group slept last night.  Super fun idea.  Come along on my little tour - I'm early enough that the decks are pretty dang empty.



Selfie with the ocean as a background - check


More scenes from the ship



I think I want to try this.


People --- I'm not alone anymore.


Selfie with the whale tail - check mark #2


A ship senior staff member wearing all white.  This is kind of funny.  I was in the elevator and asked for this picture.  I could not get my camera set up quick enough and the door opened for one floor, not one moved and the door closed again.  Then I snapped the picture right before it opened again.  What a great sport.  Check #3

A group of people wearing matching cruise shirts --- this family outdid themselves with shorts/pants too.  Check #4


A stranger in socks and sandals.  Check #5


A selfie in front of Guy's Burgers - check #6


As I was hanging with Sherri and Samantha, this family came by wearing matching shirts and they still needed pictures.  We told them we were on a scavenger hunt and asked if we could take their picture.  Their response?  "Do you need a picture of black people?"  After we all finished laughing, we explained and then they added, "okay, black Christian people in matching t-shirts."  Done.


A dolphin pic.  Check #7


Some fun playtime with Sam -



Some poolside time - such great friends.



A picture of me/any of our group lounging poolside - Check #8


Steel drums --- what fun.


Stopped in for the Shopping talk.  Ugh.  Not what I hoped for.


Lunch time and a picture of my lunch plate.  There IS food still on it.  Check #9


Back to the room and Debi has all the door decorations up!!!  She did such a great job.





The steward has been by and left a rat???  I don't know how I feel about that.


Our room --- we still have it under control and everything is tidy.  Will it last?


Crazy Hat Photo - check #10 and Funny/Crazy Door Decoration (not ours) - check #11


We are finally all three in the room at the same time.  Yes, it's a towel pic but it's gotta be done -- once hair is done, no one will want to go out there.  Selfie of all roomies on the balcony.  Check #12


And our view -- ahh


We are dressed and ready for formal night.  Selfie of all roomies in your cabin.  Check #13  Now, let's go play.


The artium has beautiful lighting tonight and we opt to do some pictures by it.  I have to admit --- I like this picture of me better than any I've had taken in a very long time.


The group gathers for a picture as well.  Everyone looks so wonderful.


As we are waiting for the door to open for dinner, I manage to get two more check marks.  Sneaky pic of anyone in our group doing something funny on this ship.  They can't know.  Lydia at a bar gives me #14 and this gentleman was standing outside an elevator in his swimsuit.  I asked him to step inside so I could take his picture - #15 someone wearing a bathing suit in the elevator.  That's it.  I have to turn the paper in and I have 15.



It's a three way tie and we have to guess a number to win.  Sam takes home the prize.  Very cool.  The new list is handed out and starts at midnight tonight.  I am determined.


Shrimp cocktail to begin an amazing dinner.


I LOVE formal night --- wine and lobster.  Oh yes.  This bottle will be my friend for the cruise, unless I manage to empty it before the days are over.  One glass a night is decent and logic tells me there will be another purchased.  I skip desert to try and get seats for anyone who wants to attend the evening show.



The show has begun, but I'm still watching for the others to join us.  I step out for a minute to check and walk into this introduction of staff.


Our Captain and the Cruise Director.


Everyone else from the bridge.  Why did they do this during dinner?  So confusing.


Back to the show -



My partner in crime for this event --


From the production number to the comedy club --  we are living it up tonight.


What a great time.  I have not laughed that hard in a very long time.  Gwen, Sherri, Debi, and I had such fun.  Tears multiple times.  So, so good.

Ice cream must be found and then a walk past a movie on Lido.  Bohemian Rhapsody.  STOP.  We must watch.  I've had such a great night and don't really want it to end, but it's time for some shut eye.  Since I have the list and it's after midnight.  Check mark #1 A room service tray in the hallway.  Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment