Thursday, August 8, 2019

Cabbage Rose Quilt Shop - Fort Worth

The girls and I have just spent such a great time at the Kimball Museum viewing the Monet exhibit (if you are so inclined, here is the LINK) and now would like to pet some pretty colored fabric.  It turns out that Cabbage Rose is only about 5 minutes away and that makes it a hot ticket for us.  Zoom, zoom, zoom.

As we walk in, the happiest sound greets us:  Almost everything in the store is 30% off.  Wow.  Everyone scatters off in search of their dream items.  I am simply looking for some "batty" fabric but time in the store is spent looking at each nook and cranny.  The coolest pennant strings are draped all through the building and, oh my, I do have an idea for this.  Stay tuned Brazos girls.



I've tried to walk through the store to share how lovely it is with y'all. 


Closer look at these shelves.


I adore spotting vintage machines here and there.  I could so see my sweetheart settling here in while waiting.

 

Such pretty flavors, as Sherri would say.


Fat quarter shoppers


These are the brightest, most wonderful wools EVER!!!


An old bed frame takes center stage in the pattern room.


I likey this one --- I have a new granddaughter on the way too . . . hmmmm


Speaking of littles --- places for them to chill out while shopping are just perfect!!  Way to go.


I spotted a quilt made with this embossed minky.  Isn't it divine?  Unfortunately, I could not find any in stock, but, I really like it.  A LOT.


Practicing her Queen walk --- Introducing Princess Sherri!!


 It's a great shop --- check it out and, again, be watching for the pennant garland to make another appearance on this blog.  Thank you to Lana, Diane, Stephannie, and Sherri for making this a fun trip.  (There was a person in the background just before I took this picture.  I made the comment that we didn't want the strange lady in the background -- meaning stranger, as in unknown and no permission granted to post her picture -- but the way I worded it sent at least one of us into giggles and unable to stand up straight.)  Now for some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment