Saturday, August 24, 2019

Quilt Sister Cruise #1 - Day Two - Setting Sail

A great night's sleep, a wonderful breakfast, and some crazy games of car Tetris find us on our way.

The plan is for everyone to meet up at the parking lot and board the ship together.  Four of our ladies went home with Frieda last night so their route is a bit different than ours and we will see them there.  Look ---- I see a ship.  Yes, we are getting closer now.  Perfect.  As we gather waiting for the shuttle, I walk over and try for a better pic.




It'll be wonderful to drop these bags and just have our carry-ons to worry about.  We're just one short shuttle ride away from that.


And soon ---- we're all aboard and ready for the last little drive.


Selfie shots please ---- in groups of two.







And one of the couple riding with us -- of course.


I'm peeking at Galveston through windows.  It's been awhile since I've been here and am ready to go exploring again.  Maybe next month????  Our shuttle driver is great and after I asked to take his picture, we stopped at a light and he asked for my phone.  Then he turned up the music.  Yes!!  Such a wonderful beginning.


THIS is where he is parked as we sing and play.  So close and yet so far away.


One last time with our luggage.  Smile y'all.


The luggage is gone!  Whew.  We are through security.  Guess who held it up?  One would think I had not every traveled.  Goodness, such stupid mistakes.  Group Carnival picture ---


And that's that.  All that's left is the bridge walking.  I wanted to call it a jet bridge, but I'm pretty sure that's only at airports.  Unless, we are just jetting on board.  Who knows.  At any rate, we just keep walking.  Lydia keeps saying, "Are we on the ship yet?" and I have to keep saying, "Not quite."  It's actually pretty cute.  The excitement level is building and then we go through the very last doors.



Yes, Lydia --- this is it.


As soon as we are on the ship, Debi has a destination in mind and we are making a beeline for it.  Sherri and I make a quick stop for a fun picture or two and then catch up with the group.


Up elevators and onto the Lido deck.  I am all eyes as this ship is new to me.  A few mad dash pics so I don't get lost or left behind with the group.



Lunch without a camera.  Hmmmm.  The clock makes it's way towards 1:30 and we head for the cabins.  YAY --- all the carry-on stuff can be dropped now too.  Now, I feel like the fun can begin.


Looking at Galveston from our balcony.



I'm off to explore for a bit.  I want to find the front of the ship and get the layout in my mind.


Now, to meet up for the Muster and THEN, we can finally have all the "tasks" done and the relaxation to begin.  I've never mustered like this before and I do have to admit I really like it.  Just a gathering in the dining room.  No life jackets to wear standing packed like sardines on the side of the ship.  Woot woot.


With muster behind us, we're about to set sail.  I go ahead to the back of the ship and find a spot big enough for whoever wishes to join us.  My fingers are crossed for dolphins to guide us out and bless this sailing with good weather.  Friends gather and we're off.


More joining in.


Pina Coladas and "Cheers" -- Let the party begin!!


Paula wants in on the toast -- so -- one more time


We have the early dinner during this cruise and crazily enough, the time is already here.  First night and I get to enjoy Strawberry Soup.  OMG. I do so love this and haven't had it for awhile.  Perhaps this Christmas.  The bowl arrives like this -


And the soup is poured from a little creamer jar.  So, so cute.


And with that, I put the camera away for the evening.  It's time to just plain old relax and enjoy.  See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment