Saturday, February 24, 2018

Treasure Hunting at Forestwood Antique Mall

It's Mister Birthday Season and he wants to do a bit of antiquing.  I think he is still on the hunt for a sherry decanter and we'll be on that hunt for a long time as he's REALLY picky.  At any rate, I love antique shops and today we are at Forestwood Antique Mall.  Here's a peek of what my little eyes spotted and I'm sorry to say that machines were not anywhere to be found, but lots of quilts and hats along with some other fun linen/sewing items.  Take a peek as I cruise through the mall.

So many hankies and ooooh -- Buttons galore!




This hat --- oooh, this hat.  I want this hat.  It's a bit pricey so I'll think about it for awhile, but -- dang - I WANT it.

All the lovely colors of thread are wonderful but check out the needle jar.  Don't you just love it?

Next stop --- first quilt spotted.  Doesn't the candlestick holder just make the display?


More quilts here and there.


This little guy is only about 15" square.  It sure makes me wonder about the story behind it.


I'm starting to fall in love with dressmaker forms and this one is truly wonderful.  Did I EVER have a waist that small?  HAHAHAHAHA --- yes, a rhetorical question.  If I had a big, roomy studio -- this would go home with me.

More quilts in baskets all around the shop.  This place is so jam packed that I can't find areas to lay them out and really get a good look but some are hand stitched.

The hexagons below still scare me -- perhaps someday I'll be brave.


Squares, squares, and squares.  I do love working with those.  The blue and white is simply divine.  I say to myself, "I need to do a blue/white quilt."  And then the voices in my head start laughing as I have both Jamestown Landing and Talkin' Turkey (blue turkey) in process.  What I need to do is FINISH a blue/white quilt.

Lots and lots of hats.  Yes, I am on hat hunts these days.  With Red Hats, obviously I need red ones BUT apparently for your birthday month you wear reverse colors so I need a purple one too.  Hmmm.



The red one on the right below had a price tag of $125.00.  I really liked it, but had to laugh.  Are they serious.  It was too small anyway.


Well, that's it for today.  Now for some food.  See ya'll later.

No comments:

Post a Comment