Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Nifty Thrifty by Bonnie Hunter - Quilt-A-Long- Week Four - Finale

Okay --- moving onto the last week of this -- in theory.  Originally, this was slated to be the week of June 2, 2016.  Better late than never, right?  Let's git 'er done.

2/10

I am at retreat and taking advantage of a little time the last night.  It shouldn't take too long to get this together.  Web, web, web and with a little help from Rocky as she hands me the last few blocks, I've got it. 


With a wee bit of time before I all over, the inner borders go together.  The rest will have to wait until I am back home.



Between setting and working on the border pieces, even the label has been completed as a leader/ender.  Go me.  That's it for tonight -- I need to pack up a bit and start the farewell process.  (Keep reading, the post doesn't end just yet.)




2/16  Yes, it's been almost a week but I am back on track.  Inner border time.  First the sides.


Then the top and bottom.


Moving right along, the outer borders are already made and standing by.  With a quick measure down the middle, cuts are made and stitching commences.

Woot --- woot.  I'm ready for the midarm.  I have put together a quick denim backing and all is ready to go.  I have something else on the machine or I would load it right now.


2/20  Four days have passed BUT two other tops have been quilted in the meantime.  Now my sweet little Nifty Thrifty is on board and awaiting her turn.  I don't have anymore time today though -- I'll be back, I promise.

2/25  The clock is my friend today and has allotted me enough time to play out here.  It a mere two hours, this one is quilted, trimmed, and the binding attached.  With a Woot Woot --- it's crazy how quick a large stipple can go.  I did have a small hmmm moment as I neared the end though.  I looked down and the backing was withing 1/2" at the bottom.  Oh my goodness --- that is definitely cutting it close.  This sweetheart really soaked up the backing.  Wow.




And as she came off the frame.


Binding is on and I'm ready for some evening stitching.  I get two sides finished before calling it a night and heading off to dreamland.

2/26  One more side is bound and that's it for today on this project.

2/27 I have been hand stitching all day today on various projects but I want this one in the done column as well.  There's just one side to go so as I watch television with my sweet man, in the stitches go.  YAY!  She's done.


AND --- I've even filled out the label.  Yep, on top of this one.  Now for the outside shot and then into the car it goes.  UFO finished and my Quilt-A-Long is complete even if it was "along" with anyone else.

Onto the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment