Thursday, February 8, 2018

Texas Tumbleweeds Week Two

It's WEEK TWO of the Quilt-A-Long.  I am still at retreat and thus, this group was precut as well.  All my little squares are ready to make their way into the ladder blocks.  Are you playing along?  This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern and can be found in her More Adventures With Leaders and Enders book.  It's never too late to join in.

2/8  - Today is "get started on week two" first thing.  Again, I want this finished today and have set that goal.  It's a great goal for a retreat day and the second group of ladies are arriving as I work.  The first block is laid out --- I like it.




A few quick seams and I have the first block.  Is it perfect?  Nope.  Do I care? Nope.  I try but I don't obsess over it.



Little Miss Coco is working two blocks at a time using them as leader/enders for each other.  It's a perfect way and I web each block as I go.  That way I never turn units the wrong way and everything stays just the way I laid it out.  Now, in the interest of full disclosure --- I kept laying them out wrong and having to rip. Pure mental block.  No excuses.


And before I know it, all the blocks are finished and I'm ready to start another project.  See ya'll next week.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I LOVE your two color version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but it's not really a two color version. Just this block. We'll see how the others play out in the upcoming weeks.

      Delete