Friday, February 23, 2018

Texas Tumbleweeds Week Four

Week four of Bonnie Hunter's Texas Tumbleeds Quilt-A-Long has arrived.  It came in like a lion and I am not mentally ready for it.  Where did Tuesday and Wednesday go?  I shall now stop all other projects in their tracks and focus on this. Why?  Well, because I know me.  Do it the day it comes out or I will get behind.  Does anyone else have this problem?

As with all other previous weeks, I did my cutting way back in the beginning so all I have to do is find the bits.  Now, let the marking begin.



Once that is tackled, I set about sewing the rectangle units and take a peek under the machine to see how they are stacking up.  It will need to be larger before I am finished.


Ah, there is the one I've been looking for.  The last one.  If I had found it earlier, I would be done.  Right?  Onto the ironing board.


I know have nice little units all pressed up and ready to have the bonus triangles trimmed off and my shears are ready.  NOW, my little plastic bag is really full.  What will I do with these?


I'm ready to put these together but it won't happen today.  Quickly laying one out tells me that I need to work on contrast as I put these together and since it is my sweethearts birthday today AND I have to go to court, that will have to happen tomorrow.


2/23  I'm back.  I wanted to type that like Arnold says it, but that's just too much for my brain this morning.  Off to the machine I go --- I want this step finished today.  It literally takes less than 2 hours and I'm sewn and pressed.  I hope I have enough contrast in these -- time will tell.  See ya'll next week.  This one is coming together quick.



No comments:

Post a Comment