Saturday, February 10, 2018

Nifty Thrifty by Bonnie Hunter - Quilt-A-Long- Week Three

Soooo --- This step was supposed to take place at the end of May, 2017.  Hmmmm.  What can I say.  It became a UFO.  Let's get back to it.

8/6 -- I am putting blocks together as l/e while working on my A Day at the Beach mystery.  They go together so easily and are perfect for this task.  Here is a question for ya'll.  Do you care if the lines are all straight while using recycled shirt plaids.  It's pretty obvious that I don't but does OCD kick in for some?  This one looks decent but when I lay them all out . . .




It's a whole different matter.


It's time to web.


And one completed block today.  Hey -- it's a start.  AND, only one pretty wonky strip.  I'll live with it.


 8/8 - More leader/enders taking shape today.


8/11 - I'm on a roll.  The stack is building.



2/1 And that was the end of that until now.  Almost six months have passed and this is definitely a UFO now.  Oh my goodness.  I want it finished this month.  I'm at retreat and working on other things so it's back to leader/enders with Nifty Thrifty.


Four more added to the stack.


2/2 - And another three today at retreat.  I really like the top one.


2/10 I did it!!!  The last four blocks sewn and laid out on the design wall.  Wow me.  Now, be honest here --- who else needs to finish from this Quilt-A-Long?  Get them out.  We can do this.  Onto the next step.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really OCD, but on old fabrics like shirtings it doesn't bother me. It's part of the vintage feel. (Now, when a new fabric is printed slightly off or the lines are crooked, it drives me nuts!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Perhaps the trick is to sew only with recycled shirtings and then we can overcome the other. Worth a try.

      Delete