Thursday, February 8, 2018

February Tweener Time

It's TWEENER TIME.  Now, granted that is not quite the same as at the beach, BUT Val, Debi and I look forward to it so very much.  I am so thankful these women are able to keep me company the entire time.  Occassionally, we have others that stay an extra night or come an extra night early -- this is one such time.  Brenda is keeping us company for a couple of extra nights.  Woohoo.  Some one on one time with her is perfect.

The minute we are down to the four of us, on goes the music and we are bobbing to Malt Shop Oldies.  How fun is this?

It's a pretty empty room.  We have one station that is still set up as Paula is returning next week.  (I can only have so many stay the whole time and just as a FYI -- extra nights come with a fee.)




Since it is still Sunday, Debi and Val are not working and can spend time on their projects.

Debi has decided to make one of the Slash and Dash (I truly DON'T know the name of this quilt) tops and soon has it together.


Of course, there is playtime too.  Before Meri left, she was busy feeding Fatsy and now she is right up close and personal looking for more.

Every so often a person has to take stock of their surroundings.  OH MY.  My little corner of the world is a magnanimous mess.  Truly.  I don't think it will get much better until Thursday - honest.  I have a ton to do between now and then.

Everyone went to bed fairly early but I am DEEP into a project and don't want to stop.  Also, my schedule says to finish this today.  In reality it is tomorrow by the time 2:30 comes around and I can do my little TA-DA for noone.  Night from Brazos.


It's Monday and guess who slept in?  Yep, little old me.  Truly OLD.  Goodness, I just don't recover as quick as I used to.  The farm animals are all over the yard and out the window I see chickens and goats.  It's so nice.

Now, where is the coffee?  I find Debi in the kitchen working and as I enter the main room, Val is working away too.  It's quiet and needs to stay that way for them.


Brenda is taking advantage of some empty tables to lay out her new project.  Yes, that is one benefit of very few people in a large room.

Out the front door, the guinea hens are wondering where their snacks are.

It doesn't take long and the chickens are curious as well.  When the place clears out of cars, the animals are much more interested in those of us who are left.  It's really rather nice.

At one point Val and I receive a visit from the owner asking if he can commission us to make an "ugly Lion cape" for his Lion's club.  I watch as her eyes light up with the challenge and am more than happy to let her go with it.

When he wants a price from us, I simply ask him to fix one of the shelves in the library that I think will hold our quilting books that have been accumulating.  He gets right on it and within the hour I have the shelf all set up and we have our own lending library in place. 


During lunch, Debi and I are in the kitchen watching Fatsy out the window.  Brenda drives up and we are trying to tell her where the pig is but she sets down her groceries to follow our directions.  Big mistake as Fatsy  makes a beeline to them.  She beats her, but not by much.

We stand and watch her for a bit as she is all over the place today.  Crazy pig.  When we tell Stan about it, he simply says that he calls her his racing pig.  Oh my.



Even the goats are wondering what she is up to.  Hahahahaha --- all they care about is eating.


I am settling in finally to get sewing.  I have TWO Featherweight bags to sew this week and I am working both at the same time for the first half of the directions.




I get a good amount of work into them before calling it a night.  We go to bed super early around here during the "off" days.  I'm serious.  Last night was a fluke.  It's around 9 and the house is quiet.

Tuesday - I start the day off with a shower and clean my room along with enjoying some quiet personal time.  As I'm hunting for my clothes, I see motion out of my window and guess who is there?  Well, dang -- it's Fatsy again and she keeps peeking in the window between bites of Kay's shrubs.  It also appears that someone has been digging up the flower beds.  Oh my.

The cleaning ladies are here so we all gather in the library for some visiting and a little snack in order to stay out of their way for awhile.

Shortly after, we say good-bye to Brenda and just moments later Rocky and Maria arrive (Maria is on the committee for the next retreat and we have a lot to do).  They are back for round two of their retreat.  Rocky was not on this retreat to begin with but we added her and told her she had to stand in the corner.  Isn't that funny?  She brought a standing table and is being oh so obedient.  After we had told her that, Jen cancelled due to flu and I am sharing my space with Rocky --- however, she still wants to stand and sew.

Hello there --- we have a pig at the door.



I manage to finish one of the Featherweight bags and start the quilting on the second.  Our evening is filled with music and laughter, Debi's white bean chicken chili and Maria making a soup base from her rotisserie chicken lunch.  My canning background came into play as I showed her how to use a wonderful tool.

These old funnels are just the best and I wouldn't give mine up for anything.  Kay has one in here too - I spotted it and Maria is one happy camper.  She has a great soup base to work with now.


Val finished her heart centerpiece -- TA-DA


I have no idea what is going on here -- honest


Back to my quilting.  I want it all finished by bed time and am successful.  It's another early night.  See ya'll tomorrow.

Wednesday -  Good morning.  It's a very busy day ahead of us today.  The next group arrives tomorrow and we have cookies to bake, decorating to do, projects to finish, and cleaning/setting up that needs to take place.  I feel like lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

Sherri and Ana have come in one day early as we have a lot to do.  Along with Sherri comes the flag.  YES!


I am working like a fiend on the second Featherweight bag in the hopes of finishing it today and having this off my plate.  I am almost there when I discover that they have sent me the wrong zipper.  I am stopped in my tracks and pack it all up.  Dang.

Maria with a TA-DA --- what a cool small top.  I love it.

At the same time, Debi has finished her Slash and Dash.  How cool is this?


Everyone is working around the room -- Maria cutting for a new project


Val baking cookies.  YES -- look close -- she is in the kitchen.  Funny story here though.  She went to the store to buy the rolls of prepared sugar cookie dough and discovered the ones that are already portioned it.  She is so excited that it's hard to tell her she should enter a store more often. 

And has a Show and Share --- It's her "Not Darth Vadar" Quilt


It's definitely time to start decorating.  We have a ton to do and tomorrow is the day.  I have rolls of tulle to make into bows but it keeps attacking me.  I love how everyone just laughed and took pictures.  Thank you Rocky, Val, and Ana.


Finally a group effort takes place and the backs of all the chairs look like this.  Beautimous.


A quick clean up of my station is next on the list.  See the fun chicken that Ana gifted me with?  I LOVE it along with all of  my black and white, including my sweet Featherweight.

Last night for early to bed.  Lights are up, bows and pretties are around the room.  Everyone cleaned up their areas before going to bed and the room is ready for round two.  Bring it on.







8th - It's here.  Thursday has arrived and what a beautiful morning.  Photos are compliments of Sherri who made it outside for a walk bright and early.  So, so peaceful.




With everything as ready as it can be -- it's time to get dressed and greet the new bunch. 

Yep, I'd say we have it all just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment