Thursday, February 15, 2018

Texas Tumbleweeds Week Three

It's week three of our Bonnie Hunter Texas Tumbleweeds Quilt-A-Long.  Are you keeping up?  It's not too late to join in if this intrigues you at all.  Her pattern can be found in her book:  More Adventures with Leaders and Enders.  Come play along.

Now, again --keeping it honest here.  I did all my cutting ahead of time so I just have to pull the parts from my project box and get started.  Here we go.

A ruler, a gel pen, and my squares are all I need to get started.  Oh, wait --- I also have Netflix and old Friends episodes.  It's time to mark.  As I have said before, there are other ways to do this but I like the diagonal line method.  It works for me.  An hour later and all the lines are drawn.  Now to head for the machine.




My lovely little LBOW 301A "Coco" is once again helping on this project.  She had a break while I was at retreat with her sister and is now ready for some one on one time with me.  I'm happy to oblige.


Another hour goes by and I have the first sides on, ironed and clipped apart.  We are ready for side two.


Mister is working a bit late this evening so I have more time before dinner to sew.  Side two goes on in about 45 minutes.  Why was this side quicker?  One more trip to the ironing board and I have great little units all ready for trimming.

By trimming, I mean the removal of the back triangles.  In clue one we had some as well and I gave those away, thinking I didn't want to do anything with them this time.  I've now changed my mind and will be saving them.  Olympics on the telly, a call from my son, and scissors just clipping away soon yields me my finished units and a ton of fun bonus triangles.  They are going into a baggie for my trip to Colorado in March.  I'll put some in the label and see what else I can come up with while there.  Until next week, this one is a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment