Tuesday, October 31, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Introduction - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt


It's here, it's here.  I feel like a little girl who was just given the toy she wants oh so much.  It's time to play.  Well, alright.  It's time to start thinking about playing.  Happy Halloween to us!  (You can read all about it on Bonnie Hunter's blog at this LINK.)

The name of the mystery is On Ringo Lake --- I know -- you never would have guessed that without me telling you.  It's only in the title of the post AND on her picture.

I LOVE the colors and the serenity of it all.  The best part is that I have had my fingers crossed for something with dark brown in it and my wishes have come true.  Throw in the aqua and coral and oh my goodness, how lovely is this.   The worst part of today?  I don't have a car and can't go running straight to Lowe's to get my paint cards.  Arghhhh.  What to do?  What to do?

A nice surprise happens around 3 when my sweetie says he is coming home from work early.  Woot woot.  I'll have time to run to Lowe's and still get back in time to hand out candy to the trick or treaters.

At Lowe's, I am a woman on a mission.  Straight to the paint department -- quick scan and five of the 6 cards are easy peasy.  The last one is out of stock and with a quick glance, I spot a folder that has all the whites in it, snag it and out the door I go.  No, I don't feel guilty.  I spend a ton in that store each month.




A quick pull in the studio nets me this to start.  I am leaving on Thursday for the Quilt Festival in Houston and wanted to know if I had specifics to look for there.  I only pulled fat quarters and yardage, but look pretty good for everything except the coral.  I didn't touch the strips, squares, or scraps that need to be tamed so I'm sure much more will be discovered each week.  It's a beginning though and I'm happy for that.  I even discovered a panel with browns, corals, and aquas --- can we say BACK???  Now to tap my fingers until Black Friday.  OH -- and go hand out candy. (Oooh, update below.)


UPDATE:   I have just returned from the International Quilt Festival in Houston and after looking in EVERY SINGLE booth for coral fabrics (they look orange in this picture, but I promise they aren't), here is my additions to the cause.  Also, when I returned home, the new Folded Corner Ruler had arrived.  I am ready!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment