Saturday, October 14, 2017

A Loop Around the City --- What Can I Spy?

A day with my sweet man is always fun and full of surprises.  Today, the mission is a loop around the city and stopping in at various events along the way.  Coffee first and then we are ready to go.  The first stop is at the downtown Garland Urban Flea Market.   You can check out ALL that we do by clicking on THIS LINK.  This post will highlight different things.

Check out this basket of pin cushions




A crazy quilt top


A 3-D fiber picture in a frame and a definite idea for a beach craft next year.  Can we find tiny starfish?  What else could we put in there?


Here's for all my sock monkey friends.  She even has earrings.


Rulers galore and more old quilts/afghans.


There's even a box of doilies and patterns.


After leaving the flea market with empty hands, a quick stop in the antique shop across the street gives us some real treasures to look at.


Perhaps the best is this old machine.  It predates the Featherweight and yet is very similar.  Check it out.



We do leave it behind, which may be a mistake, but today is not a purchasing day.  Oh wait, look what I see.  Perhaps I will get to buy something after all.  A new red hat.  Woohoo.


Around the corner is a great little shop and definitely worth a stop.  I do manage to find FOUR seam guides for my vintage machines in here and am doing a happy dance all the way to the car.  YES!

Our next stop will be in Plano at the International Festival and I spot this beautiful covering done in shisha mirror work.  A friend of mine, Janet, taught this type of embellishment at a class during one of the Plano Quilt Shows and I was fortunate enough to take it.  I have oodles of respect for those who do this as mine certainly did not turn out very well.  You can read about it HERE.


The booth spotlighting Peru grabs my attention and I LOVE this 3D work.  Isn't is simply delightful?


The ornaments are absolutely adorable.


Our final crafty stop of the day is at the Armenian Festival in Carrollton.  Check out these amazing rugs.  Wow!!  Well that's it for today.  See ya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment