Sunday, October 29, 2017

Huffhines Art Trails Treasures


We are out and about today at a new-to-us art festival.  Huffhines Park in Richardson has been hosting this for 41 years now and I'm excited to see creativity in abundance.  As usual, there are two posts about this and one is in my personal blog and will highlight different things than this one.  You can access it HERE.



Now, for this post I want to share a few items that really struck me as incredible.  First up is a fiber booth where weaving is taking place.  Scarves, shawls, and these crazy, wonderful dish towels are available.  The booth belongs to Lake Trail Studio Handwovens and while talking with the owners, we have been invited to come out to their studio for a tour to see the really large loom doing it's thing.  I am super stoked and the date is on the calendar.  Woohoo.  I truly can't wait.


The second artist I want to spotlight here is Dakotah Designs and Kathleen's beautiful basketry.  I once made a basket, know how truly difficult they are, and now purchase them from others.  What I want you to notice here is her unique handles along with the beautiful weaving.  I spy old kitchen tool handles, a rolling pin, a stirrup, antlers, and so much more.



Oooooh, these are just so very cool.



As we wander along, a couple more displays catch my eye that ya'll might be interested in.  Bags and Baby Sock Monkeys.  Well, honestly, Mister found the sock monkeys and called me back to see them.  What a fun day and remember to check out the other post to see more awesome items.


No comments:

Post a Comment