Monday, October 23, 2017

Billings Quilt Shop Return

A couple of years ago while up in Montana, I did a shop hop around Billings and found some great little quilt stores.  Four Winds Quilting was one that I stopped in back then and wrote a a post about it that you can access through this LINK.

Today, I have a few hours to kill and decide to stop  in again.  It truly is a fun shop and I always come out with new ideas.  Upon entering the store, I spot a fall wall hanging right by the door that is super cute.  With fingers reaching out, I'm not sure it is cotton (although I am assured that it is) as it has the feel of brushed corduroy.  Not matter, it's very eye-catching and the pattern finds it's way into my arms.




Just past that is this really cute mini wall hanging and I make an abrupt stop in my tracks.  It's a little too big for a pillow form, but with adjustments, I think it will work and I need a Halloween pillow for an exchange NEXT October.  Done -- and another pattern goes joins the first.


Next, as I wander the aisles, I see this nifty bag made with Jelly Bead Zippers.  Oh, oh, oh.  THIS would make a great retreat project.  The cool part is that the zipper does work and opens to a secret area -- not the main purse.  Fun times ahead for whichever retreat I decide on this for --- likely May so that more have the chance to make it.  I'll need to collect lots of the zippers (prepaid of course) for everyone, but it'll be fun.  Ooooh - I forgot to mention that the really cool part about these zippers is they can be mixed and matched.  The sides from two different packages will go together and have four colors involved.  Hopefully, I can pick up these in Houston in a few weeks.


On the office door is another wall hanging and I really like this one.  Thus, I know own the kit.


Such pretty bright colors.  I'm thinking I may be able to get past my fear of the bolder prints on the jelly bead bag.


And that's the highlights.  Here's my treats - yep another retreat project as well.  I may even try to sneak this one in quick.  Perhaps an email out to the November gals?  One never knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment