Thursday, June 30, 2022

June 2022 Monthly Quilt Update

 

Our theme this year is just so fun.  If you didn't get a chance to check out the post explaining it all --- here is the LINK to the initial post and another June LINK  as well.  I'm super excited about where this will take me.  I know we all have colors that may not bring on the warm fuzzies, but this will be a chance to really challenge ourselves and we may find that our tastes can change.  

If you are new to the blog, you may be asking, "just what is a monthly update?"  I decided long ago that I just can't keep up with blogging daily.  I just can't.  Sooooo, what happens is I document a day in my life within one post and if something special happens, a separate post takes place.  See, you can stay caught up with a once a month check and then, if you're interested, see the other posts too.  It's a great system for me.


 In years past, I have set goals for each month and I will continue to do that simply to keep myself on track.  UFO mode will continue around here with minimal purchases (hopefully), but also a few fun and new items will make an appearance now and then.  The "hopeful attempts" will change each month and will always show up at the bottom of the update if you read that far - and they are joined by links to the previous monthly updates for the year.

Now, grab a cuppa and sit back for a fun read and perhaps a new idea or two.   (P.S. I format on a computer, so if you are reading on a phone, well sometimes the pictures will be before or after the story.  It is what it is.)

Let's go June - oh, and don't be blue, just enjoy the wonders of this color.


Please remember that any links in here will open in a separate window so that you can keep your place on this page at the same time and there are no ads or popups EVER.

Here is June's BINGO card - 

1st - Summer Moon is Posted!!  Love, love, love these blocks.

Hello from Montana once again.  I'm here until the 9th of the month and have a couple projects to finish while here.  This LINK to a post on my personal blog will share much more detail of my time here.  However, today I'm starting with banana bread and painting tables.  Those seem quilty, right?  



After a trip to town for Mom's rehab appointment and a stop for me at Costco and Hobby Lobby (gotta get this quilt done), we are back at the house.  Next task is to put the tables back and repot some plants.


My niece is off work this afternoon and I need a non-carpeted floor to get my quilt sandwiched.  Now that I have the spray and tape that I need ---- I'm heading to her house to crawl around on the floor for a bit.


Task accomplished.  It's spray-basted and pinned.  Next step is quilting.  My BINGO mark for today is spending time with family as I'm up in Montana with my mom, sister, and others.  

2nd - The Secret Lives of Color - Ultramarine.  Make one 9 1/2" block, one 6 1/2" block and one 3 1/2" block.  While many other blue pigments are tinged with green, Ultramarine is a true blue, occasionally bordering on violet, and is extraordinarily long-lasting.  You may not know it more by the stone from which it comes - lapis lazuli.  Many great works of art - especially surrounding the Virgin Mary - contain this valuable color.


I made plans to meet up with a high school friend this morning and I've left the house a wee bit early so a stop down at the dock just to momentarily bask in the beauty of it all.


A stop at the coffee shop and we are off to Harry Horn's for a little hiking.  It's a gorgeous day and we have such a nice time together.  Two BINGO marks for today - a new-to-me place (never did this hike before) and spent some time with natural water).


Flowers arrive for Mom from Jen and the next task is to get them arranged.  Not to shabby, I guess.


My sister calls and lets me know there is a package up at the mailbox so I hike up between the houses to pick it up.  Along the way, this flowering crab is simply divine.  Oooooh, look what was in the mail.


For my evening entertainment --- playing on Facebook nets me this.

3rd -   I am up and headed to the machine this morning.  Quilting is commencing.  BINGO mark - quilting on a domestic.


A break takes me to town with Mom for a stop at Home Depot and then to rehab.  Another quick dash into Costco for me so that I can get a new pillow and more skorts.  I LOVE them.   

Back home and back to the machine.  By the time I attempt to straighten my back and lower my shoulders, it is quilted and the binding is attached.  Onto the hand work.


4th - Good Morning!!!   My sole requirement for today is to bind the quilt.  Settling into a comfy chair, stitch after stitch follows until it is done.  That's a BINGO mark - do something you've been putting off.  I've had 8 years to make this quilt as that is when I bought the fabric.  


I would like to take it outside and get a picture, but it's raining and that's just not in the cards right now.


By evening, there is a break in the weather and I'm not in the mood to cook so I suggest we go up to Riley's for dinner.  Mom is game and we are off.  Just outside the restaurant, there is a GORGEOUS while lilac bush.  The smell is divine.  Oooooh, this green and white just makes me want to do a quilt with lots of white and some green.


Pizza - it's what's for dinner.


More green and white outside in Mom's front yard.  It's called Snow in Summer and I love it.  Does this stuff grow in Texas?  If so, I want some.


5th -   Rain, rain, go away -- Quilting Debi wants to take a picture of my quilt outside.  It just doesn't happen.  ARGH.  I do a little work on upcoming retreats/trips and then tackle a few BINGO squares.  One was to be dressed in blue -- it just so happens that I am today.  Some Neil Diamond "Forever in Blue Jeans" and a picture of my Sapphire Blues (there's a tab at the top of this blog) help me to mark off THREE spaces today.


Wanting to accomplish SOMETHING today, I start in on some string blocks with the purple strings I brought along.


I get about 6 blocks done before I realize that I'm really just not in the mood to sew.  How about a treat instead?  Along with some reading and an early night to bed.


6th - The Secret Lives of Color - Cobalt Blue.  Make one 9 1/2" block and one 6 1/2" block.  Believe it or not, Cobalt's history involves forgery of paintings be Vermeer.  The color itself proved the guilt, which was the intended outcome.  Sound crazy?  Ya gotta read.


BINGO mark for today --- make something and gift it.  Well, the rain didn't quit, but I went out and took pictures anyway, then popped this beauty into the dryer before getting it ready to mail.  


A peek at the label back.  Hey all my retreat gals -- can you believe she is EIGHT!!


Into town for Mom's rehab appointment and then after the UPS stop to mail my quilt, we stop downtown so I can grab this picture of something I have NEVER noticed even though my sister says it has been here for 7 years or so.  Am I blind?  We even ate at the restaurant behind it last trip up here.  At any rate ---- pic is now taken.


My evening entertainment is to finish up the purple string blocks.


AND get them trimmed.  Woot woot.


7th - BINGO mark for today -  falling asleep to the ocean --- I have an app that I use EVERY night and last night I set it to ocean.  This morning I am attempting to make progress on my string project.  First up --- layout and webbing.


I have a top!!!!  And with that, we are off to lunch with family and no pictures.  Ugh.


For the late afternoon, I start with a sandwich then get the quilting finished and the binding attached.  Break time and I am treated to a lilac bush that is just not sure what color it's flowers are supposed to be.


Binding is stitched down before dinner and I have a TA-DONE!


8th -  It's my last day in Montana and I've got a list a mile long of things to do.  Might as well get out of bed and get to them.  Two beds changed, laundry going (for me and Mom), chicken cooking for Bailey (Mom's dog), packing, then to town for Mom's rehab session.  While there, shopping at Costco, Glacier Quilts - where I pick up some fat quarters (one is blue, earning me a BINGO mark)


Back to pick up Mom, stop at grocery store, then to go and see Jill and Greyson to say good-bye.  We brought ice cream to cheer him up.




Home to do the dump run, mow the yard, and make dinner.  It's been a definite day.  I have one more small project with me to finish and with an hour of sitting, it's done as well.  Had to add a couple of names to the pillow.  AND, before going to bed, I finished the last few chapters of this book.  I've been reading a little each evening before bed and it's a decent book.  Too bad "read a book" wasn't on my BINGO card.  Now for some sleep --- I've got about 5 hours before I have to get up again.


9th - The Secret Lives of Color - Indigo.  Make one 9 1/2" and one 6 1/2" block.  Indigo is most famous for its association with denim, but there is just so much more to the story and truly dates back to 600-500 B.C.

I am up, up, and away.  Heading back home bright and early today.  SOOOO many cool pictures in the blog link on June 1st - check them out.  Here's one to share - 

I settled in and watched The Tourist before a VERY quick layover (I had 10 minutes before boarding) in Salt Lake.  Another movie - this time "Ocean's Eight".  Both were good and new to me, but didn't have blue in the title so I'm still working on that check mark.

By 11:30 I'm over the metroplex and ready to see my sweetheart.


He has to still work this afternoon, so I land in a chair and barely move the rest of the day.  Another movie - Donnie Brasco and I finally start functioning.  So, so tired.  Mister treats me to dinner out (which was awful) and it's home to bed.  

Oooooh - almost forgot --- my returned Round Robin was waiting for me at home.  It's WONDERFUL!!

AND ---- this goodie as well.  Ooooh, Tula Pink's new Tiny Dots and Tiny Stripes half yard bundle.


Luscious, right?

10th -  ELEVEN hours of sleep does a body good.  I am able to function today and ticking things off my list of chores.  I'm unpacked and we'll see if I get to fiber fun at all --- 

Well, not much fiber fun, but I did fit in a couple of BINGO marks for today - Movie with Blue in the title is first and so very heartwarming.  I know, I know --- I have so much to do, but sometimes ya just gotta take a day and chill.


Feeding and watering the birds gives me these pics within moments for my second BINGO mark.  It's overkill with four pics, but . . . 





11th -  Since I've been gone so very much, Mister and I are spending the next couple of days with just each other.  Here is a link to our weekend and you can join in our fun this way.  We head out of town today and Lucas shares this beautiful bush and some history.  We also find some yummy Bobka to enjoy as a morning treat as we continue our adventure.  Onto Farmersville, where we locate a fabulous shop and wander in.  Here is the Fancy Fibers Studio LINK so that you can see so many cool looms and spinning wheels along with the projects on them.  Loved every minute here and Mary Berry is a walking weaving encyclopedia.


Just sharing the highlights --- the weekend link has so much more.

12th - The Secret Lives of Color - Prussian Blue.  Make one 6 1/2" block and one 3 1/2" block.  Picasso's favorite blue, this one has "cyanide" in its chemical name, but is not toxic at all.  Fun tidbit to tempt you to read about it -- think blueprints.  Knowledge is just so fun, Y'all.

Another day out in the Metroplex for us.  Today we are starting with the Dallas Museum of Art


The reason for the visit is to see a couple of exhibits, with the Cartier one having top billing.  Here is the Cartier LINK for the post all about this amazing exhibit.  You REALLY should click on it as I've shared how this jewelry is inspired and made.  A couple of tiaras here, to make you drool.



The second exhibit I'm interested in deals with fiber --- yay, right?  Here is the Bamana Cloth LINK so you can learn too.  NO, that does not say Bahama.  Mister kept hearing me wrong.



Dinner and drinks for a late lunch --- then home to relax for the rest of the day.


13th - Well now.  Let's get this day started bright and early with a wellness check for my car.  Yep, I'm here at 8:00 a.m.  The cars in and now to wait.


While waiting, I've created a list of the pages to work on for my grandson's quiet book.  Yep, it's time to focus on that.  Once back home, I do a little cutting on Illusions blocks.


I STILL have this much fabric left and I've only received through month 6 of kits.  I am going to try and cut month 8 before putting this away.

14th - Happy Flag Day to all!!  How many flags can you spot?


It's a sketching day.  I do find a few patterns to download as they are beyond my drawing capability, but for the most part - this IS my day.  Glad to have it behind me and I've also created a supply list for odds and ends needed.


15th -  In the wee hours, I could not sleep and noticed the back light come on.  A peek out the back door showed this, but what you don't see is Mama and one baby walking away off to the right.  That still left four babies on the table drinking water.  It's warm out there ya'll.


A jammie day ensues as I am tired and didn't get much sleep.  Those nights still happen.  At any rate, today I am going through my "treasure tote" and felt tote to see just what I may be missing.  Yep, making a mess --- just what I'm best at.  Buttons, ribbons, fasteners, beads, vinyl, eyes, velcro, thread, eyelets, grommets, magnets, etc.  SOOO many odds and ends but they all fit in two bins and that includes the felt.



Once I have it all sorted and all the pieces I need located, I clean up the mess and am off to JoAnn's for the items I couldn't find and some blue felt.  Why don't I have any blue?  So odd.  Since I'm dressed, Mister and I went out for BBQ for dinner.  

16th - The Secret Lives of Color - Egyptian Blue.  Make one 9 1/2" and one 3 1/2" block.  Truly going back in time now and holding true to its name, the Egyptians were unique in their valuation of blue.  It was used by them a great deal, but the tidbit for you today is that the Romans actually named the color.  Color history is fascinating.

I have to share a funny.  EVERY day of my life --- I wash a few items by hand and leave them like this:


Within seconds, literally, of Mister walking into the kitchen after my effort, they will look like this.


Back to cutting.  Month 9 is only short THREE 2 1/2" background squares and I STILL have so much fabric left.  Crazy.  Also, the scraps from O's quilt are managed.  


We had some leftover coffee so I decided to make a cake, only, after most of the parts are mixed, I discover that I am out of shortening.  What?  That's a staple that has NEVER run out.  I rarely use it, but it's always there.  At any rate, I have to get dressed AGAIN and go on a shortening hunt --- which, by the way, takes three stores to find.  Really tired of supply chain issues.  At any rate, the cake does get made.


The next few hours are spent working on some future projects and getting supply lists made and things printed off that will be necessary.  It's called Quiet Book procrastination.

AND, since I'm dressed, a Costco trip ended the day once Mister was off work.  Another chore off the list and the birds will be happy once again.

17th - Good morning!  While making breakfast, I'm also taping paper piece patterns together.  Yep, need these in November.  HAHAHAHAHA ----


Next up, a trip to the studio before it gets TOO hot outside.  Three more sets of projects have fabric pulled and I've started a list of things to purchase on an upcoming fabric trip.  Trying to get my ducks in a row for the second half of the year.


After one hour --- I'm super warm and heading inside again.  This time --- to the computer.  I have a ton of pictures to develop and some blog posts to write.  Getting behind again is the last thing I want.  Also, the weekend starts again tomorrow and who wants to have last weekend still hanging out there?  Not me.  By the time I get to a comfortable stopping point, it's time to make dinner.  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and beets.  Yep, comfort food tonight.

18th - Another beautiful morning in the neighborhood.  I am up early and finishing up on the computer while Mister sleeps.  I have August SLC posts all written and scheduled along with the monthly color post.  See??  Trying to stay a wee bit ahead and reduce stress in my life.

Now --- what to do today?  I tackle the one thing that REALLY needs to happen.  I've gotten my schedule written so that I have some idea of how to meet all of the upcoming deadlines.  Seriously --- I just don't work well without lists.  At this point, it's Saturday and family time.  We are meeting Jen and Louis for lunch but arrive a bit early, so --- why not a coffee.  I had a lavender latte and I have to admit --- pretty dang good.

Lunch is okay --- not wonderful, not terrible BUT the company is excellent.  Rare moments of time and an early Father's Day moment.  Love these opportunities so very much.


Mister asks what I want to do after and I believe he promised me a beer from Manhattan Project.  YES!  This is what pure joy tastes like.  Nothing better in my humble opinion.  Oh - what is it, you ask?  Coconut Porter --- called Plutonium.  So, so yummy.  We have a perfectly pleasant time and even stay long enough to get more food.  The Thai Chicken here is simply divine.  All in all --- perfect afternoon.


19th -   Mister is sleeping in and apparently, I'm not.  Quietly, I start cutting on this month's Quiltmaker Ruby Jubilee blocks.


The lawn gets cut, I handle some other things and then we go to see if Mister can find a new camera.  He is able to touch and feel one of the two he is after, but the other places are closed on Sunday.  Oh well --- how about lunch at Rusty Taco?  Very, very good and our first time there.


Back home and I finish up the last few cuts for today.  Woot, woot ---- progress always makes me feel a bit more satisfied.

20th -  An early morning appointment with the vampires has me out of the house and I might as well keep the productivity going.  So much computer and paperwork for today.  Emails for retreats and upcoming trips, booking events and hotels, planning meals.  It takes most of the morning, but it's behind me.

I am sticking to the plan for today --- starting in on the quiet book pages.  My plan is to get two cut and sewn today.  However, as I finish cutting the first two pages, I just keep going.  No sewing, but 6 pages are cut before I call it a day.  Not the original plan, but I'm thinking the alteration is okay.

21st - The Secret Lives of Color - Woad.  Make one 9 1/2" and one 3 1/2" block. Ahhh, an abbey comes into play.  Merton Abbey Mills and their use of woad as a natural dye for skeins of wool.  So much transpired after this, leading it to fall away and be overtaken by indigo.

Okay  - It's time to start on the September madness.  By the time my morning is over, I have cut the table runner and the SLC blocks.  A few minutes with an iron and I also have the Illusions blocks ready for applique.  That'll happen one day this week --- if all goes well.



It's 11 and I'm settling in for round two with the felt and quiet book pages.  After 6 hours, I have another 6 pages ready to go.  

22nd - My day starts with an eye appointment (yep, the ocean room today) and new glasses being ordered.  I had a hunch as its been two years and I knew things had changed.  Ugh, this getting old sucks.  The good part?  Well, it's a BINGO mark - doing something for me.

The morning cutting table extravaganza begins and today is black.  Lots and lots of black, but by the time I'm done the SLC blocks and table runner are in the "ready to sew" column.  Oh, the lists I have.

Working with just black and white is new to me and I think I'm really going to like this one --- so many new things in this project --- it's pushing me outside comfort zones.   Why does this picture not look black and white?  These really are.


There's time for a wee bit more today so a quick trip to the studio and I've pulled the red SLC fabrics.


Now, the perfect way to end the evening --- a BINGO mark for making something blue.  Bet you didn't think to go this direction, did ya?  Cheers!

23rd -  A couple of pics this morning caught my eye --- one is for my friend, Gwen, and the other is my dream.  Hey, a girl can dream, right?  I want this badly - almost to the point of coveting, BUT I want the big yard, trees, and no mosquitoes as well.  If you're gonna dream, dream big.


I have a dentist appointment at 9 and my brain determines that there is enough time to go and applique the parts for Illusions.  Out to the studio I go and it's mostly a success.  The thread I have for the orchid fabric is just not loved by my machine.  I change the needle (BINGO mark) in hopes of that helping, but it's just a no go.  All the blocks are done except one and I need to go get dressed and depart.  (I'll share the blocks when I get the threads buried.)


Well, the usual bad vibes happen at the dentist and it turns out that my belief in this chaotic office ever improving is in vain.  Upon my arrival, I am informed that SOMEHOW in the last 3 appointment changes made by them, my bundled appointment was lost and today is just with the hygienist.  Super happy here as I worked so hard to get all my appointments in a two week time frame.  Miraculously, they can schedule me for next Tuesday with the dentist.  Ugh.  Off to the hygienist I go and come out with a much better attitude.

It's back to the cutting table and today's flavor is brown.  I get all the SLC units done before having to leave once again --- this time for my mammo appointment.  Yep, it's a pretty pink robe day.


Two things happen during the next hour and a half --- well three, actually and it doesn't include the actual mammo.  I get all four games right while waiting, a stop at Michaels and JoAnn's nets me the felt I'm missing AND orchid thread, and I treat myself to a boob-smashing, white chocolate mousse and watermelon sorbet waffle cone from TCBY.  Yep --- it's deserved.


Back to the brown.  I have one more project to cut and manage to complete in rather quick.


Leaving me with enough time to knock out the cutting on two month's of puzzler blocks for the exchange I'm in.  At this point, my sweetie has had a rough tummy day so I'm off for some Pho.  That'll help.

24th - The Secret Lives of Color - Electric Blue.  Make one 6 1/2" and one 3 1/2" block.  OMG -- what an awful beginning this color has.  The color blue and electricity came together during the Chernobyl incident.  This gorgeous color was seen by a survivor of that terrible day.  Since then, it can be seen in many movies dealing with technology.  How about Avatar?

I don't have any appointments today --- hurray!!  The thing is -- this month is rapidly nearing an end and I am still quite a few items short of what "I wanted" to get done.  Therefore, I'll start out the day with another "all four" games right and then head to the cutting table.  The last of my SLC units have now been cut and that is a tremendous feeling.  I just need to sew as the months come up now.  It will be so much less stress.  The funny part?  This is all of the backing that I had left from the strips I cut.  Yes, I still have yardage, but I did dang good.


The last major item for cutting is Summer Moon and as soon as I get started, I discover that I put the wrong small frames on the blocks shown at the beginning of this blog.  Gag.  Of course, no one in the group pointed it out to me - why is that?  At any rate, they are apart again and I'll get the right ones on next week.


I do, however, make one whale of a mess and all I've truly accomplished is pulling the colors for the blocks.


A few minutes in my chair and I bury all the threads from the blocks I appliqued earlier.  BINGO mark for me. (Yeah, I could have claimed when the stitching took place, but it wasn't really DONE until this point.)

25th - Saturday ---- Mister is home and we are taking it easy this morning.  A few games and I have a quartet of wins once again, then we are off for some Pho.  It's what his tummy likes right now.


A trip to the mall for some walking.  It's too hot outside and we need to move a bit.  Two loops and several "I want" items later --- we are at the turtles and ready to depart.  LOVE this picture.


A bit of cutting and I'm about halfway through what I planned.  Making progress and a mess.  My goal is to have this table cleared and the mess totally cleaned up before the weekend is over.

26th - With it being Sunday, you would think that we have all sorts of plans.  Apparently, not.  There is a lot of lounging around in the morning and simply relaxing.  Games are played and news read.  It's better, right now, to play ostrich and avoid the latter.  I am able to spend some time at the cutting table while Mister works outside and Summer Moon is done.  Whew.  Once I have the cutting finished, I might as well clean the mat before putting it away.  BINGO mark for me.

Before picture, with eraser still all over it.


After - not quite as good as new, but so much better.


Some banana bread gets made and a little housework.  Very little


Now, I need to make progress on a UFO and I've chosen to see what I can do on the stocking I've been working on forever.  A few items needed to be tacked down and I manage that quite easily.  Next is the personalization and I'm in a quandary as to how to make it look nice.  Mister hauls my stocking away and comes back with a color copy from the printer.


Now, I can figure out how big it needs to be and I cut a paper to fit, write my name, and lay it on the copy.


Now for the hard part and I'm going to count this as a "new technique" for my BINGO card.  I pin the paper in place and, using white thread, embroider my name right through the paper.  It works, but tearing it was super tense as I didn't want to pull any stitching out.


I think it turned out great - 


Now to get out of the house for a bit.  OHB is having a Sip and Shop along with a meat raffle.  Sounds interesting.  Off we go and find these fun treasures at a shop AND win an 8 lb. pork butt.


A little shopping --- fun to support local artists.


After the winning ticket is turned in.  No more items came our way though.  We're good.



For my evening entertainment, I add the hanging tab and put the front and back together on my stocking.  It is TA-DONE.  Another BINGO mark for me today.  UFO finished and off the list.


27th - Let the appointments continue.  First up this week is the annual physical and "what can we do to lose weight" time.  At least this time, the thyroid medication is not working so I have that in my favor and she's not terribly upset with the weight.  That doesn't mean I shouldn't lose, it just means I didn't get reprimanded.  However, I did get poked.  Ugh.  First shingles shot and she made it sound like the next two days won't be fun.  Wonderful.

With the information I've received, I know I have a wee bit of a window to be productive today.  When I took a machine to Montana, it was the one in my bedroom and now I have to put another one in there.  I've retrieved the one from my retreat bag and it's time for a thorough spa treatment.  Check -- in the done column.  Now, Mister has to clean another machine to put in the retreat case.  Fortunately, there is one waiting in the wings - the advantage of collecting 301's.


With a machine up and running, I set to putting together months 6 and 7 for Illusions.  Yes!  Another checkmark for me AND the game streak continues today.  The second item actually has been ongoing while at the doctor and now, in bed.  Yep, it's hit and I'm pretty uncomfortable.  I can't think of a better day to take that nap - so I do and 2 blessed hours later along with some ibuprofen and I'm able to move to the chair and watch television with Mister.  At least there is a BINGO mark in there for my nap.


28th - The Secret Lives of Color - Cerulean.  Make one 9 1/2" block and one 6 1/2" block.  With tragedy in his life, Picasso turned to this color often.  It also shows up in many spiritual places and depictions - either real or imagined.  It is even used in the UN logo.  Read so much more about this color that April in Gilmore Girls describes herself as "being really into."

Waking with a bit more energy and one whale of a sore arm, I pop some pills and start the laundry and breakfast.  Then out to the studio to put away all the fabric that I had pulled for earlier cutting.  All that is left is strings but it's time to get the oatmeal off, eat, and head to the dentist.  Once again, the minute I walk in, they have bad news.  ARGH!!!  Just once.  This time the parts I need for my dentures have not been delivered.  I get to the see the dentist, but no fix for the lower denture.  Suffer on!

Once home, laundry switch outs and then I want to add one of the blocks to the Illusion row and then sew the rows together.  I have the beginnings of a mother ship.


Then it's to the puzzler blocks.  Two more months are sewn and in the mail before 2 p.m.  That even included trimming.  Yay me.  However, the energy is petering out.  My arm is hurting again and is HOT.  I put the blocks into the mail, get my checkmark and move on to finishing the laundry and resting.


Settling into my chair for a bit as my arm is killing me and I have a bit of a fever, I grab some of the quiet book parts and start the task of hand blanket stitch applique.  There are a ton of parts to do, it's gotta start somewhere.  My first place to begin is with blue thread.  BINGO mark for me.  By the time the evening ends, I have the front and back cover pieces ready to machine stitch onto the backing.  Oh, and to write the year in the gray spot.  It'll happen.

29th - 8:00 a.m. at the dermatologist, which is 40 minutes from home.  Yep, it's an early morning.  The good part is that it is gorgeous outside.


My appointment goes as expected - three new holes in my body and awaiting one biopsy.  It is what it is when you are a redhead.  On the way home, I get a message that my specs are ready so they get picked up as well.  At this point, the appointments are done for a bit.  Well, other than the dental parts when they come in, but otherwise, I'm good to go for 6 weeks.


My thoughts turn back to the quiet book and three more pages get cut before I clean up the mess once again. I think I'm down to about 4 pages left to cut.  So, so many to still sew.


So, by the time the evening ends, I have one less to sew.  Baby steps.

30th -  Home all day.  I can't believe how good that sounds right now.  I'm in my chair with thread and felt all around me and by the time the work day is over, I have three more finished pages.

To add to the fun --- my BINGO card is complete.  The last item was to "squeeze" someone and Mister was the lucky recipient while on a call at work.  Surprise!!

That brings us to July ---  and YELLOW!!!  Let's Color Your World with the many shades of this luscious color.  The original post on this theme can be found here and all the wonderful information for month number 7 can be found in this July LINK.  That is where the new BINGO card is as well.


Thank you for reading this far.  If you made it here, kudos to you.  Hope you have a great month and find a way to bring joy into your life.  Stay creative Y'all.

UFO's to quilt:   

BOM #1 - quilt and bind - 
BOM #2 - quilt and bind - 
BOM #3 - quilt and bind - 
Winter Wonderland - quilt and bind -
Witch's Night Out - quilt and bind - 
Quarantine Challenge - quilt and bind - 
Dawn's Early Light - quilt and bind - 
Xing - quilt and bind - 
Straits of Mackinac - quilt and bind
Ruby Slippers (a.k.a Emerald City) - quilt and bind
Pfeffernusse - quilt and bind 


Current Projects:

Summer Moon Blocks - current and all remaining blocks are cut
Farm Girl - backing/binding made - 
Sandcastles - 
Rhododendron Trail - 
Ophelia Quilt - DONE
Illusions BOM - Months 6 and 7 DONE
Ruby Jubilee --- cut and ready to sew
Purple Table Runner - DONE
Secret Lives of Color - current sewn, all others cut
Round Robin (mine) - received back
Puzzler Blocks - DONE and mailed
Quiet Book - in progress

UFO Items to work on:
 
Placemats and Table Runner for A - 
BAD blocks as leader/enders - 
Whims 2nd quilt - 

UFO Handwork Items:

Hand Quilting -- 
Stockings - One is TA-DONE

Links to Previous 2022 Monthly Posts - 

No comments:

Post a Comment