Thursday, November 4, 2021

Theme for 2022 --- Color Your World

 COLOR YOUR WORLD

We all spend a large part of our day with color.  We are either using color in a project or happily enjoying it with our eyes.  It can determine our mood.  Did you know that?  Do you understand colors?  In preparing for this theme, my eyes have been opened wider.  I LOVE color and the ways to implement it in my life will even have me out of bed before light just to enjoy the sky's magnificent display.  That's devotion.

With that in mind, for 2022, I think Our Quilt World Facebook group will focus on color and I will most certainly do all I can to bring it into my own life as well.

We'll take a good look at how nature provides both beauty and inspiration for us along with how colors work with our emotions and why we respond to certain ones the way we do.  

I'm also going to do a table runner each month that will allow me to work with the color of the month and also try out new techniques and have a finished project each month.  Some will be free patterns on the internet, others I've come up with on my own and will be happy to share if you wish to sew along with me.  We'll tackle traditional piecing, foundation piecing, paper piecing, modern, low volume, QAYG, and applique.  There will even be BINGO cards occasionally - focusing on the color of the month.  Please play along --- and let's brighten our world together.


No comments:

Post a Comment