Thursday, December 7, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue 2 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Whose idea was it to go on vacation the first weekend in December?  (Looking around for someone to take the blame.)  Oh right, that was me.  So here I sit in Atlanta as the clue is released.  Oooooh, beautiful coral flying geese.  They will have to wait until I return home and my fingers are crossed that I have the right size neutral strips so that the cutting will be just coral.  Now, back to vacation.

Fast forward ---- it's Wednesday now and I'm feeling the crunch.  I really don't want to fall behind at week 2.  Seriously??  Get in gear girl.

Out to the studio I go and pull the neutral strip bin of the right size.  NOTHING.  I remember using these all up earlier and have not had time to just manage scraps and refill it.  I guess I will be cutting both sets of strips today.  Here's the coolest part:  I count up my number of coral fat quarters and arrive at 14.  With a bit of math, I discover that I need approximately 28 strips to get the job done.  Awesome.  Just two of each and away I go.  (Spoiler Alert --- my math skills need some work.)




Once the strips have been cut, I quickly get to work with my specialty rulers and soon have a darling batch of triangles to play with.  I say "soon" like it was quick.  I talked on speaker phone for 1 1/2 hours with my daughter and still wasn't finished but it sure did make the task seem quicker.


It's time to sew as my back is killing me from standing and cutting.


I need to call it a day in the studio and finish some other tasks today so off to the house my lovely nest and I go.

Once dinner is complete and I have a bit of down time, I can iron while watching a show with my sweetheart.  Before calling it a night, I am halfway there with just one wing to go.  With only one more day before another clue is released, please let tomorrow find time to finish these.

I am up bright and early with a task list a mile long --- or so it feels like that at least.  By 10:30, I can run to the studio and start sewing these lovely birds.   The second wings are just sitting there, longing for attachment.


One and a half hours later.  I have geese.  Woot, woot.  Today's list still has a ton on it and I need to leave the house around 3:30 for a family activity tonight.  Go girl go.

Part of the chores going on here include decorating for Christmas and the tree is always last in our home.  The geese figure this out and take it upon themselves to help out.

Isn't that sweet of them?

Finally, I get to sit for awhile.  The chains need to be snipped and dog ears removed.  This calls for an episode of The Crown on Netflix and time passes oh so enjoyably.  That's it.  I have all my geese and quite a few extra (cough, cough over 20 cough, cough) AND the yearly ornament has a start as well. 


So, where are we now?  Clues one and two are in the book.  Clue three comes out tomorrow and if you are at all excited about this, please join in at Quiltville.com .  If you got here by way of Bonnie's link-up, here's your LINK BACK.  Thanks for stopping in and I hope to see you again next week.

What do you suppose is in store for us?  My guess????  HST's.  Time will tell.


2 comments:

  1. I love that you sew with your 301. I was going to use my 404 on this quilt but after I broke my arm, I knew I would barely keep up as it was without turning a handwheel with a stiff, sore arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about your arm. It must make things challenging for sure. I LOVE my 301's. They are my go to machines for everyday use.

      Delete