Saturday, December 30, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue 7 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

What the what???  Waking earlier than my sweetheart today, I quietly peek at the computer and what do I see?  A new clue posted just minutes prior and a full day ahead of me.   I know he has an hour of work shortly so maybe, just maybe . . .

RACE to the studio and flip the heat.  Back to the house to gather up all the required bits, slam an orange juice, and make sure Mister is awake.

That's it --- at least it is a bit warmer this morning.  I made a mess in the studio yesterday after pulling fabrics for some upcoming projects that I am teaching in February.  A quick clear of the table (picture the arm going across a table type of clean) and I am ready.  Let's piece these geese together.




Staying incredibly focused ---  45 minutes later I have run out of brown geese.  Hmmm.  I knew I had made a lot of the coral ones, but that many??  They'll find themselves put to use somewhere.  Small pillows, shams, backing?  Who knows.  I'm sure they are not the only extra bits laying around.


Upon my return to the house, I discover that my sweetie finished his project and went back to bed.  Okay.  We don't have to leave the house for a couple of hours yet, so off to the ironing board I go.  Another 45 minutes and the double geese are pressed and ready to serve.


AND . . . that's clue 7.  Whew.  Now onto the rest of the weekend.  Of course, there is always the question of what tomorrow will bring.  It's dang cold in Texas and we are staying in the rest of the weekend but I have deadlines looming all over the place.  Will I be able to fit more clues in as well?  Time will tell.  For those who arrived via Bonnie's link-up, here is the LINK BACK.  Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! When I work on the Quiltville mystery each year (I've missed two or three) I remind myself, "IT'S NOT A RACE." But I slide down that slippery slope and hurry to make the units -- counting carefully to make just enough. (So this year I have a small pile of extra nine-patches....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha -- I have stacks of extras too. It's the way it goes. I will say that taking it easy and removing the need to compete has made the journey much more fun.

      Delete