Friday, December 29, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue 6 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Oh, I'm doing the happy dance this morning.  I am caught up and ready for today's clue.  Can you see me twirling all over the place?  All the way to the computer for a peek?

Oooooh!  More coral.  Hmmmmm.  My coral selection is really about gone.  Dashing through the cold, a quick flip of the heat switch in the studio and back into the house to take a few notes and tackles a few tasks.

I am really watching the clock.  Half an hour --- shouldn't the studio be warm by now?  I'm going to give it a try. 

Yay!  It's plenty warm and my fingers quickly find the stack of remaining coral fabric.  Cutting strips, I clean up the leftovers as I go.  The clue says we are finished with coral so everything is being put into a usable size.  As I go, it quickly becomes obvious that I am not going to have enough unless I want a LOT of two fabrics and a few of each of the others.  Well dang it anyway.  Another look through nooks and crannies does not reward me with any help at all.  Now what?

Oh wait --- I have an appointment at Rockin' Bobbin today to pick up some fabric for a class I am teaching in a few weeks.  MAYBE if I take the paint card with me, I'll get lucky enough to find a couple more fat quarters.



Glory be!  Woot woot.  Two more dolls to use.


Once back at the house, I finish cutting the needed parts.  I am SO thankful for my Easy Angle Ruler and the absolute comfort I feel using it.


I have about an hour and a half before dinner.  Mister is still in the house working so perhaps I can crank these out in time.  Sew, girl, sew.


It takes almost my entire time, but the units are sewn.  Hallelujah.


With a full belly, I am ready to press.  Mister has put a show on to watch and away I go.


I absolutely love these units.  These are just so pretty and the colors warm my heart.  Now to de-dog-ear.  Is that a word?


And it's finished.  I have a pretty full schedule this week so am glad to have this done and behind me.  I've stayed current and all is right in my world.  Are you stitching along with me?  Also, if you arrived here through Bonnie's link-up - here is your LINK BACK.  Thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. I just finished clue 6 but haven’t gotten ‘round to posting about it! Yours look great! I had to buy a few more corals too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's definitely a tough color for me to find. Was thankful to find one I didn't already have.

      Delete
  2. Your units are looking lovely! Can't wait to see some finished blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy did you pick some great corals/oranges. The colors baffled me but I think the finished product will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors. After having finished my own mystery this year with a lot of the same colors only different shades, this one just upped it all a notch. I had to HUNT for the corals. I spent two days at the Houston Festival walking around with my color card.

      Delete