Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Finished Non-Quilt Items

Each year I have been trying to do a summary page here just so I know what I have accomplished in addition to quilts.  I want so badly to have a variety of tools in my toolbox and the only way to do that is to constantly try new things or practice skills already learned.  So, here's 2017 for ya --

January -  I am not sure if I'm crazy or what but am going to make a pair of slippers for everyone for their birthday this year.  I have three birthdays in January so I'm off and running.

Papa Bear Slippers





I also made the decision to complete the entire woolie series this year.  One at each retreat and a few more to finish it out.


February - A busy bag --- I'm hoping to make several of these for granddaughter gifts.





A few sewing machine mats are always on the agenda.  This one is in it's gifted home.


Same here


A little clam shell case.  LOVE IT.  It now holds little sewing feet and stuff for my 301.


Busy Bags for the girls (and mine too, oops.)


More slippers - still Papa Bear


March - Check another pair off the list.


April - My bunny woolie


Two pillows to match my En Provence quilt.  Miniature blocks.




Slippers, slippers, slippers --- moving on to the Jack and Jill Slippers.



Two more woolies.


May - Maria taught me how to make luggage tags.  How fun.


A hot pad


Hansel and Gretel


More slippers



June

NOTHING --- wow


July - Ava's Quiet Book - Lots of pictures here

AVA VIDEO LINK












More woolies



Two more pair of slippers



The end of the woolies --- woohoo


Slippers


September

A new bag


A sheer Endora cape


October - OMG more slippers



An afghan for my son-in-law


November

And still more slippers - getting pretty tired of these now.


A travel pillow


December

A fun ornament


Throw pillow for the bed to go with quilt and shams.


Nothing else, unless you count hemming a tablecloth panel as accomplishing something and I don't.

What a crazy year and it will likely be quite awhile before I tackle a project like the slippers again.  Bring on 2018.

4 comments:

  1. Love the updates and look forward to seeing how you set the goals for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm kinda anxious to see how I set it up too, lol.

      Delete
  2. Where do I purchase the slipper patterns?

    ReplyDelete