Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Finished Quilts

Last years intro:

2016 has come to a close.  Really?  I am shocked at how quick it just whizzed by.  I set a goal this year to make it a year of UFO's, allowing myself gifts and learning moments.  Well dang, those far outnumbered the UFO's and the list is still oh so long.  Perhaps 2017?

February

Roll Roll Cotton Boll  First stitch 12/31/2013    Last stitch  2/8/2017   Quilted by Allison Bayer with Bora Bora pattern.






En Provence First stitch 11/25/16  Last stitch 2/17/2017 -- Quilted by Allison Bayer using the Leaf and Vine pattern.



Old Tobacco Road First stitch taken 4/18/15 last stitch 2/19/17  Quilted by Allison Bayer using the Simple Leaves pattern



Weed Whacker  First stitch taken 12/31/14 and last stitch 2/19/17  Quilted by Allison Bayer using the Tine (fancy birds) pattern.



Mad City Mama  first stitch taken 1/1/16 and last stitch 2/20/17  Quilted by Allison Bayer using the Broken Glass pattern.



There's been a real lull in finishing anything since February.  I'll get back on board at some point.

October - A Day At The Beach  2017 Mystery --- First cuts made 8/06/17 -- final stitch on 10/17/17  This was designed by me and presented in a mystery clue format in several Facebook groups online.  I quilted it in a shell pattern.  Scrappy back with the trial blocks while designing and a panel that reminds me of Surfside Beach.



Easy Street  started as a Facebook group Quilt-A-Long one 2/27/2015 .  Last stitch 10/27/17 --- One year on the frame, ugh.  All due to operator error.  UFO complete.



November

Mom's Quilt - Started May 6 at retreat and finished November 16th at another retreat.  I quilted this as a lap quilt for Mom H. and will give to her for Christmas.


Ava's Quilt - A disappearing four-patch for Miss Ava as a car quilt.  Start to finish at retreat except for figuring out the four patch combos out of charm packs before I left.



Christmas Shams - made last year right after Christmas to match my quilt.  Finally quilted in November and finished the last stitch on the binding while at retreat.  Woohoo -- I can't wait to see these on my bed at Christmas.


And that's it.  Not too many UFO's this year but it is once again my focus in 2018.  I AM going to get to the bottom of the "to be quilted" stack and hopefully finish several more.  Fasten your seat belts as it is THE YEAR.  Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment