Wednesday, December 27, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue 4 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

FRIDAY!!!  Run to the computer and see what the new clue is.  I KNOW I am not ready to work on it, but it's still fun to see where this is going, right?  Bird in the Air units.  Oh yay!!  I love these as well although that certainly is a large number of them.  Carry on, girl, carry on.  Tis the season to be behind.  We all rush and rush to to get things done and somehow the joy of it all is lost in the hurry.  Thankfully, I am taking it a bit slower this month and LOVE how calm and wonderful it all is.  I've even been reading a bit.  WOW.

12/20 - At any rate, clue 4 was released almost 5 days ago and I don't even have clue 3 finished but have determined that as long as the rulers are out, let's cut for both.  I have all the pieces for clue 3 (you'll have to go to that post to read about it) cut and manage to cut 1/2 of what I need for this week before my time is the studio is finished for today.  Guess what???  I get to go and pick up my new car now.  Oooooh.




12/21 - Again, I only have a wee bit of time in the studio today, but before working on the previous clue, I finish cutting for this one.  Now THAT'S a stack of triangles and squares.


12/26 - Five days have gone by - oh my.  Another clue has been released.  Goodness.  My goal for the day is to get one wing on these birds.  That's all.  It seems entirely doable in the 1 1/2 I have available. (Psst, just for my own reference, I do manage to get one side of each of these finished AND half of the first side of the next clue too -- yes, it was cut the day it released - another post for you.)

My sweet Annie hums along beautifully and keeps me grounded today.  Christmas Day has come and gone, but I love this time of year so much that I want the peace and calm for as long as I can find it.  In fact, if you don't already know this -- my house stays decorated until past mid-January.  My sweetheart even joked last night that it is only 364 days until Christmas and we are ahead of the game -- we're already decorated and the lights are up.  He thinks he's just so funny.

For my evening entertainment while watching old, old comedy clips, I press and clip all of these half birds.


Only one oops.  Drat. I guess it'll get fixed tomorrow


12/27 -  Yes!  I am off to the studio again today but, once again, with a time constraint.  I have 1 1/2 hours again before I need to shower and leave for an appointment.  Can I manage to complete the second side of these birds?  Time will definitely tell.  Here we go.


Now, it is my opinion that the second side ALWAYS goes faster than the first.  The triangles don't need to be separated and for some reason lining up the units even zips by.  I am not fully sure if it is just my perception or reality, but it sure feels that way.  Perhaps I'll set a timer one of these time --- but ya know, as soon as I do that -- it will be one mistake after anther.  Do I want to jinx myself?  I think not.

Soon, these are finished and even are followed up with a leader/ender Nifty Thrifty block.  The year of the UFO is rapidly approaching and my mindset is in place.


Ahhhh, a lovely strand of birds ready to press.


The 50th Anniversary of the Carol Burnett Show (filmed in 2017) is on tonight and as we watch, I press all these lovely units.  Aqua and Brown -- simply wonderful together.


Well that's it for Clue 4.  I'm moving onto Clue 5 and have high hopes that I will be finished with it before Clue 6 releases.  Keep watching.  If you arrived here via Bonnie's Linkup -- Here is the way back!  See ya'll soon and remember  to breath.  Life is just too short.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Hello from Dallas. Check out the Facebook group, Our Quilt World -- many are from Texas in there and we get together often.

      Delete