Thursday, December 28, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue 5 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

12/22  Clue 5 and more flying geese.  The good part is that Clue 2 was a ton of practice and these should just zip themselves together.  Right?

As ya'll know from reading the previous posts, I am a bit behind BUT do manage to make cutting this clue the top priority for my hour and a half in the studio today.

All the fabrics are still out from the previous two clues - and I can strip the brown fabrics dang quick -- I've kept them smooth and pressed, saving a ton of time in that step alone.

Hello Companion Angle Ruler and soon all my little stacks are in place and I've stripped some neutrals too.  Onto the Easy Angle Ruler and I now have triangles all over the place - to add to the ones from the previous two clues.  Perhaps I need to start sewing a bit.  Well, that's all I have time for today --- other projects are calling. 




12/26 - It has taken me a few days to get back to these.  I'm trying to work on two clues at once and have sewn all the first triangles onto Clue 4 and still have about 30 minutes of studio time.  Grabbing this clue, I start in with the first half of wings and manage to get through about half of my centers.  It's a good start and my fingers are crossed that I can finish this second half in tomorrow's session.


12/27 - I am back!  Woohoo.  There is this thought in my mind that I might be able to get caught up this week, even just working 1-2 hours per day.  I feel a bit of optimism entering and just sing along with my Annie's hum as I sew.  First thing --- these wings get finished and I am halfway there and ready to press and clip these apart, which happens in the evening while watching the Carol Burnett Anniversary Special.  Oh the memories and I am so happy when my favorite episode comes on.  The Tim Conway Siamese Elephants.  Simply the best and once again, I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard.  Classic, simply classic.

12/28 - Three days in a row, but just barely today.  It is so COLD out.  I darted out to the studio an hour ago to start the heat and will simply sew the second triangles on and get back into the house as quick as I can.  Heating two buildings gets a bit pricey when the temps drop this low.  Here we go --- can I do this in an hour?


YES!!  Forty minutes to be precise.  Woohoo.  A finished leader/ender Nifty Thrifty block to boot.  Even better.


My geese would really love to fly south for the winter so I opt to set them free.  Yes, I am completely crazy laying these out in these frigid temperature in my pajamas and robe.  There's a picture for you.  As you can see, in the back of the picture, plants are even covered - let's hope we don't lose them.


After a bit of time to warm up, out comes the iron and my little geese all line up like soldiers.


Dog ears are removed and how about an S for Silly Girl?  Or Sassy Girl?  Perhaps what Mister says - "Scary Lady" - yep love that man.


And Clue 5 is complete.  I DID IT!!!  Clue 6 comes out tomorrow and I am caught up.  Woot woot.  The best part is that I did not stress over it even one little bit.  A couple of hours each day and being content with the progress is pure enjoyment of the process.  Lesson learned.  See you at Clue 6 and if you arrived here via Bonnie's linkup you can jet back by clicking RIGHT HERE.  Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments: