Saturday, January 23, 2016

Double Delight - Clue 3 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Clue three comes out today!!!  I am so excited for this cos I know it is not square in a square.  Halleluiah.  I am still up in Telluride so I have a magnificent view as I work on these.  I know, I know -- it's okay if you are a bit jealous.

First things first --- lots and lots of pink and neutral strips.  Why?  Cos we are making us a nice little stack of 9 patches.  My most favorite unit of all.

Step one is to sew them into strip sets -- some pink/neutral/pink and some neutral/pink/neutral.

Easy peasy and done in absolutely no time at all.  A quick press and soon I am ready to cut my little subcuts.  Did I tell you how much I love these units?  Well I do.





I'm trying something new so I am stacking two pink/neutral/pink strips with one neutral/pink/neutral one in order to cut all three unit parts at once.  They nest reasonably well and quick as can be I have wonderful little stacks of units ready to go.  As I am using a couple different neutrals, the decision is made to keep them consistent in each nine patch.


It's time to start webbing these darlings and before I know it I have a table with all the units necessary for this top.  Bring on clue 4.  I'll be working on it at retreat next week.  Yay!  See ya there.  (Oh, and here is the unit from clue 2 that I didn't have a picture of last week.  See the chocolate donuts?)

1 comment: