Saturday, January 9, 2016

Double Delight - Clue 1 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

Yay!!!!  I don't think there is anything more fun than a new mystery heading our way.  I simply could not be more excited.  I have pulled some fabric from stash and added a blue that I picked up while shopping in the warehouse district with friends.  I think I am ready to go and may trim down the selections even more as we go.  For some reason, I'm feeling a bit of constancy coming on.

So let's get started with clue one.  It can be found HERE.  First up are blue squares and LOTS AND LOTS of neutral and gold triangles.  Thank goodness for an Easy Angle Ruler.  I would absolutely be lost without it.




Measure, measure, measure.  That's the name of the game here.


and here


And what are we creating?  Well cute little square in a squares of course.  If you fold your square in half and then the triangle in half and line up the fold lines, it all fits together so sweet.  Give it a try.  First one side, then the other.


Trim those dog ears off before moving onto the next sides.


The last two sides go on without any folding if you used the EA ruler -- the flat sides just line right up.


After putting the 3 1/2" square on it and matching dots, I sliver trim down to the little beauty.  So cute.  Now only 119 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still on this clue, but plugging away. I can DO It!! Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete