Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Rhododendron Trail - Clue 5 - Bonnie Hunter - Mystery Quilt

 It's week 5 and I am ready!  Well, at least I'm caught up and ready to stay that way.  There are no promises here, but ---- I can see my way out of the fog.

Cutting is first up and fortunately, all we have is some pink triangles today.  That's not bad at all and it doesn't take too long with the help of my Easy Angle Ruler.  Zip, Boom, Bang.  Done and matched up with the sets they will be sewn to.  Clue 1 and 3 are back to play.  That is as far as I get today, but it's progress and I'm happy with that.


28th -  Two days have passed, but I'm ready to at least run the first seam on these units.  I took this picture to show that I sew with my new triangle on the bottom so that I can always see where the intersection is and hopefully refrain from chopping off tips of triangles.  


Soon, there is a lovely stack of sewn units --- don't look too close here.  I float seams all the time AND trimming has not happened yet.


A quick press and I am loving these units.


For my movie time fun, all dog ears come off AND using the Folded Corners Ruler, I have the next parts cut and lined up to sew.  Multi-tasking that pays off.

29th - It's my sweeties day off today so I'm limited on time, but do find enough to sew up the remaining seams, press and present for a photo finish.  TA-DA!  It is 75 degrees here today.  Hard to believe it's almost January.


Everyone gather for the group photo please.  Oh, and no more triangles please --- my little ornament is JAM-PACKED.  To join this merry fun and play along, here is your LINK to Bonnie's website.  Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment